Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War is more fun if you are playing it with your friends especially in Zombie mode. But the game runs into network issues sometimes. The error message shows up saying that the game failed to host the lobby. This error occurs due to a network fault, but you can do a few simple things to fix this problem.
What Is Black Ops Cold War “Failed to Host Lobby” Error?
This error can occur due to a few reasons. Sometimes this error occurs when game servers are down or facing some technical difficulties and sometimes this error occurs when there is a problem with your home network or internet connectivity issues.
When the game servers are experiencing interruptions Black Ops Cold War will tell you it’s failed to host the lobby. It happens when the servers went down or when your connection to the server is not stable. Due to this issue, you will lose connection to other hosts. In these cases, you will just have to wait until the servers are back online again because there is no fix except waiting.
But if this error is occurring due to another reason you can try a few things to solve it.
How to Fix The Failed To Host Lobby Error
First, you have to do is to check out the Call of Duty Server status on the Activision Support Page. There you will get to know that Black Ops Cold War Servers are online and functioning or not. If the servers are down, that’s the reason you can’t host a lobby and you will only have to wait until the servers are back up again.
Otherwise, there is a problem with your internet connection or service that is causing this error. Solving these issues is a little bit difficult, but you can try a few things to fix the problem or to know what’s the reason behind this error:
- Restart your game.
- You will have to power cycle your PC or console and also your modem or router.
- You will have to make sure that your internet connection is working properly
- Load something on your other device aside from your PC or console by using the internet. If it doesn’t work then it means that your internet connection is having a problem.
- Try to connect your PC or console with an Ethernet Cable.
- Try to disable anything connected with your WIFI that might be causing a problem.
- Including other PCs or consoles, mobile phones, laptops, or Smart TVs that are connected to your WIFI.
- If your internet connection and home network are working properly then try using a VPN while playing the game.
There’s a good chance that the failed to host lobby error is occurring due to an unstable internet connection. But if your internet connection is working properly then you should use a VPN because it will connect you to different Black Ops Cold War servers and you will be able to host a lobby successfully.