Watch Dogs Legion was updated to version 1.13 today by Ubisoft. This update has apparently disabled the online mode on all platforms.
The latest update for Watch Dogs Legion was just released by Ubisoft after the online mode launched earlier this week. The patch for online mode updated it to version 3.1 officially but with the new hotfix that has been released today, it appears that the online mode has been removed.
Players who have attempted to access the online mode get the message that it will be released in early 2021.
Watch Dogs Legion Update 1.13 Patch Notes 3.21
Global Online Mode fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen when starting a Spiderbot Arena match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “The Ubisoft service is not available” error and prevent players from connecting to the Online Mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “Boring-Ajiaco” error and prevent players from connecting to a Co-Op session.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “Boring-Veal” error and prevent players from joining another player’s Spiderbot Arena session.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “The Ubisoft service is not available” error after leaving any Online Mode session.
According to a thread on reddit, the online mode has been removed as of now. This could be a mistake from Ubisoft as the online multiplayer was available on consoles but wasn’t released on PC.