The Witcher 3 update 4.01 is out now for PS5, PC, and Xbox Series. You can get the details on the patch notes here.
The latest update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has arrived, bringing various bug fixes and improvements to the game. This update is available on all platforms and includes changes specific to PC and consoles. In this article, we will take a closer look at what’s new in the 4.01 update.
The 4.01 update for The Witcher 3 has addressed various issues for both PC and console players. On PC, the Screen Space Reflections setting has been fixed, and a performance mode for ray-traced global illumination has been added for players with compatible hardware. Meanwhile, console players will no longer have issues with creating more saves than the set limit, and the quality of Screen Space Reflections and the performance of Ray Tracing Mode have been improved on next-gen consoles.
In terms of quests and gameplay, the 4.01 update has fixed several issues, including those in Battle Preparations, Family Matters, and King’s Gambit. The Wine Wars: Belgaard quest has received a retrofix, the Adrenaline Rush mutation now works as intended, and the Axii Puppet has had its health and damage increased. For localization, the update has fixed various issues with Arabic localization, and added localized versions of Orianna’s song “Lullaby of Woe” in Korean and Simplified Chinese, as well as adjusted Priscilla’s lip-sync animation to match her voice-over in Simplified Chinese during the song “The Wolven Storm”.
The Witcher 3 Update 4.01 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting wasn’t working on PC despite being turned on. Players who had previously set their SSR setting to high may notice a performance impact.
- Added a new performance mode for ray-traced global illumination, which can be toggled by players with compatible hardware. It improves frame rate by prioritizing performance over range and precision.
- Fixed an issue where consoles could create a higher amount of saves than their set limit, resulting in various issues with saving the game or user settings being reset.
- Improved Screen Space Reflections quality on next-gen consoles.
- Optimized ray-traced global illumination on next-gen consoles to improve the performance of Ray Tracing Mode.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations – Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to interact with Avallac’h during the objective “Let Avallac’h know everything’s ready.”
- Family Matters – Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the transition to Ciri’s Story: Out of the Shadows when speaking to the Bloody Baron.
- King’s Gambit – Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to participate in the fistfight with the second Vildkaarl due to an invisible obstacle.
- Wine Wars: Belgaard – Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 4.00, where the quest couldn’t be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
- A Dangerous Game – The armor in Caesar’s room should now change its appearance when the Alternate Nilfgaardian Armor is turned on.
- Axii Puppet – Increased the health and damage dealt by the puppet.
- Adrenaline Rush mutation should now work according to its description.
- Various small fixes to quests and cutscenes.
LOCALIZATION – Available on all platforms
- Fixed various issues with Arabic localization.
- Added the localized versions of Orianna’s song “Lullaby of Woe” in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Adjusted Priscilla’s lip-sync animation to match her voice-over in Simplified Chinese during the song “The Wolven Storm”.
You can get the details on the patch notes from the official website.
The 4.01 update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt brings several bug fixes and improvements to the game, making it more enjoyable for players on all platforms. This update is worth downloading whether you’re playing on a PC or a console.