Path of Exile has been updated to version 1.86 today by Grinding Gear Games. You can find out the complete patch notes for this update from here.
This is perhaps one of the largest updates that have been released for Path of Exile on the PS4 and Xbox One. It brings in a major expedition to the game and implements several bug fixes. Details on this update can be found in the official support forums. We have just shared a glimpse at some of the patch notes below.
Path of Exile Update 1.86 Patch Notes
Content Update 3.15.0 — Path of Exile: Expedition
Please note that the 3.15.0 Hotfixes 1-5 as well as Patches 3.15.0b and 3.15.0c for PC have been included in this patch. They are noted at the bottom for your reference.
Console-specific Patch Notes
Minor New Content and Features
- Improved the performance of the Exsanguinate and Reap skill visual effects.
- Added Korean language support for Path of Exile.
- Updated NeverSink loot filters.
Skill Gem Changes
- Summon Skeletons:
- The default behaviour of Summon Skeletons has been updated to cast at the target’s location.
- The alternative behaviour of Summon Skeletons has been updated to cast at the player’s feet.
- Skills are now able to be used from within the Bind Skills user interface.
- Added a notification for attempting to purchase items from vendors with insufficient currency.
- Added an option for closing the inventory upon using a Portal Scroll.
- Added support for the Search Tradeboard feature for the Heist Locker.
- Added d-pad navigation in the microtransaction reclamation user interface.
- Improved the design of the in-game Cosmetic Store.
- Improved the appearance of the low-health user interface warning.
- Disabled the Passive Skill Tree “Ascendancy Graph” bind and legend when you have no Ascendancy Class.
- RS/R3 no longer cancels pending Passive Skill Tree changes if you don’t have an Ascendancy Class.
- Items can now be compared without showing the advanced mod descriptions by holding RS+LS / R3+L3.
- Reduced the font size for Unique item labels.
- Fixed a bug that made Reap’s alternative behaviour not always target the player’s feet.
- Fixed a bug where Gem auto-level up failed when you did not have the required Attributes for the next level, but would have still been able to use the Gem due to Reduced Attribute Requirements modifiers.
- Fixed a bug where your conversation with an NPC could immediately close when talking to them after picking up currency.
- Fixed a bug where Flicker Strike would sometimes not teleport and attack your target due to desync. You should now be able to push the joystick in a direction when using Flicker Strike, and the skill will select targets in that direction. This has also improved overall desync issues with the skill.
- Fixed a bug that stopped auto-panning working after closing the Ascendancy Tree.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the currently selected passive node from updating its popup description.
- Fixed a bug where hideout decoration variation labels were not properly updating.
- Fixed a bug where the Character Creation screen would not clear errors when naming your character, even after being corrected.
- Fixed a bug with Dynamic Resolution that caused a single-pixel-wide line to appear on the edge of the screen.
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented a character from being named during Character Creation.