Path of Exile has been updated to version 1.81 today by Grinding Gear Games. The full patch notes for this update can be seen below.
Path of Exile is a free-to-play action role-playing video game developed and published by Grinding Gear Games. Following an open beta phase, the game was released for Microsoft Windows in October 2013. A version for Xbox One was released in August 2017, and a PlayStation 4 version was released in March 2019. The new update released today implements a number of general fixes and improvements.
Path of Exile Update 1.81 Patch Notes
3.14.2b Patch Notes
Please note that this update includes patch notes up to 3.14.2b
- Fixed an issue that caused notable tooltips to be missing in some cases in the “Sent Offers” display.
- Fixed a visual bug where flask recovery time was not displaying an appropriately rounded number.
- Updated item filters.
General Fixes and Improvements
- Changed the Hateforge unique gloves to allow them to affect Vaal attacks used by traps and mines again. While these mechanics bypass the intended restrictions of Vaal skills in a similar way to totems, those cases are less abusable now so we’ve temporarily restored the interaction between Traps, Mines, and Hateforge. This stat will return to preventing use with traps and mines again in 3.15.
- Fixed some calculation and snapshotting bugs that occurred when two instances of the same Vaal skill had different soul requirements, which is currently possible when one is in the Triumvirate Authority unique ring. Souls are shared between the skills, but each skill now correctly maintains its own soul requirement and the appropriate amount of souls are consumed based on which of the skills is used. The modifier that allows storing enough souls for an additional use still has some odd behaviour, as the number of souls that can be stored fundamentally has to be the same for both skills – this modifier may be changed in future.
- Map boss clones created by The Maven no longer persist after the map boss dies.
- Fixed a bug with life regeneration on the “Inspirational” Champion Ascendancy passive skill not working.
- Fixed a bug where the vendor recipe for three of the same maps could result in a legacy variant.
- Fixed a bug where foil maps retained their foil art in certain corruption outcomes.
- Fixed a bug where some skills would not move your character to be in range of a target on certain angles resulting in your character not using the skill.
- Fixed a bug where Increased Attack and Cast Speed modifiers could not be unveiled on Quivers and Amulets.
- Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to use non-English characters in chat.
- Fixed two instance crashes.
- Fixed a bug where modifiers to Vaal Soul Requirement were not correctly updating on the client, resulting in being unable to use Vaal Skills in some cases where they should have been usable.
- Fixed a bug where monsters in the Maelström of Chaos unique map were incorrectly reflecting Marks.
- Fixed a bug where the text size on stackable items in the Premium Quad Stash Tab could appear larger than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the text colour on a full stack of Divination Cards in the Premium Quad Stash Tab was not showing as blue.
- Fixed a client crash introduced in 3.14.2 that could mostly occur in Caldera Map.