NBA 2K22 has been updated to version 01.004. today by 2K Sports. You can find out the details on what is included in this update below.
NBA 2K22 has received another post-launch update today. The game was released last week for multiple platforms but there are still some issues that are plaguing it, including some that are limited to the Xbox consoles.
NBA 2K22 Update 01.004 Patch Notes
- Improved the stability of the title in addition to a number of general improvements to the user experience.
Here is the list of known issues that have been sent to 2K. They were compiled by the community on reddit.
- Bug: XBS X consoles sometimes shut down completely in the middle of online play.
- Bug: XBS S consoles have low-resolution and blurry player models, worse than last year’s.
- Bug: In Sept 10 roster update —
- Deandre Jordan’s contract on the Lakers is incorrect.
- Rookie tendencies are not updated.
- Bug: Can’t load a custom roster for 2KU Freestyle.
- Bug: Legacy issue — Controller and Coach settings often reset after restarting the game.
- Bug: Play-calling menu sometimes shows plays with underscores instead of spaces.
- Bug: Series won’t run unless “Run Series” is selected in the Gameplan menu, but the Gameplan menu does not allow players to select any of the options.
- Bug: Player models and environment art sometimes doesn’t render.
- Bug: While editing MyPLAYER or CAP, the player’s face often gets blocked by the menus, or the player’s animation goes beyond the visible area.
Play Now/Quick Play
- Bug: Player’s jersey selection appears blank.
- Bug: Matchups menu has jumbled text.
- Bug: Some left-handed MyPLAYERs shoot free throws with their right hand.
MyCAREER — NBA Career
- Bug: Action replays, introductions, Player of the Game, and other in-game highlights never trigger after college. Even the sponsored ones like AT&T dunks never play.
MyCAREER — City/Pro-Am/Rec
- Bug: City dashboards Xbox players.
- Bug: XBS players can’t talk to Ricky NPC to complete first quest “Lay of the Land”.
- Bug: The Game NPC disappears and players cannot complete artist quest.
- Bug: Players are having issues inviting each other to squads. Invites are delayed to show up or don’t show up at all.
- Bug: Big frame rate dips in the City when roaming or panning the camera around.
- Bug: Multiple balls in play during Chris Brickley drill.
- Bug: Players are missing their rewards from the 2K22 challenge in 2K21.
- Bug: Player Exchanges do not accept non-current players. If only current Nets players are accepted for James Harden, it should say “Current Nets Player”.
- Non-current players are missing team logo on card, related issue?
- Bug: Players cannot change matchups during Triple Threat games, this was possible last year.
- Bug: G League free agents have very high ratings (90+)
- Bug: Camera angles like Broadcast are missing.
- Bug: Sock colors selected for custom uniforms do not match accessories when used in-game.
- Suggestion: Add sock customization.
- Bug: Unable to sign restricted free agents to offers, they will accept the deal but then take the qualifying offer.
- Bug: MyNBA Online trade finder is not working.
While we are waiting for the official patch notes, the gameplay director of NBA 2K, Mike Wang had talked about an update releasing earlier that would stop the players from getting kicked out of an online game. Just like this, the patch today could be related to fixing some of the minor bugs that are playing the game since its launch.