Horizon Zero Dawn has been updated to version 1.08 on PC bringing in a number of fixes for Steam and ahead of the GOG launch as seen in the patch notes.
Guerrilla Games is continuing to work hard on the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn. The update that has been released today has implemented a number of bug fixes as seen below.
Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.08 Patch Notes
- Fixed an audio crash when using mono audio devices
- Fixed a crash that could happen in certain circumstances on 5.1 audio devices
- Fixed a crash in NetPresenceManager
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur during Shader optimization
- Fixed a crash in PlacementMeshUpdateJob that occurred on machines with more than 16 cores
- Fixed a start-up crash for CPUs that do not support AVX instructions
- Potential fix for dialogue sounding metallicy and blown out for some users
- Improved VRAM budgeting which should help prevent VRAM-related instability and improve general performance and reduce micro-stutters
- Improved Clouds performance on high and ultra settings
- Improved swap-chain buffering to allow for smoother frame-pacing
- Fixed clouds looking pixelated in certain windowed resolutions
- Added FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening functionality to Graphics Settings