Gran Turismo 7 update 1.21 is out now for PS4 and PS5. You can get the complete patch notes for the update here.
Polyphony Digital announced server maintenance for the game on September 1st. They have released a new patch once the update is complete for general bug fixes. Based on the early reports, this patch attempts to resolve the bugs that have been known so far. The list of known issues can be seen below.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.21 Patch Notes
This update followed server maintenance. Here are the known issues for the game that we know were being worked on for a potential update.
Sport & Lobby
– When doing Free Practices on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rally Cross Layout, stopping the car by using the handbrake and then pausing the game with the controller’s “options” button, the car will not move afterwards. This issue can be fixed by selecting “Exit” from the pause menu and re-entering the track.
– In the Bathurst Gr.3 Battle Mission under “The Sun Also Rises,” tires wear excessively fast, making it difficult to clear the mission. This issue will be fixed in the next update.
– Changing the muffler from the Intake & Exhaust category in Garage > Car Settings may cause the muffler on the car to disappear. If this issue occurs, it can be resolved by re-entering the Garage.
– In the Lobby, there have been cases where “Preparing” is displayed on screen but the Host cannot start the race. Having all room members leave and re-enter the room will allow the race to be started.
– In the Lobby, there have been cases where entering the track in Practice does not let you drive and skip directly to the Final Race. In this case, please try to leave and re-enter the room.
– In a 2P Split Screen race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings].)
– In the Lobby, there have been cases where players in the same room do not appear on the member list or during the race. In this case, an application error will occur when the host starts the race.
– In the Lobby, there have been cases wherein completing a race would not let users progress further.
– There have been cases wherein the App hangs during the loading screen at start-up, and rare cases wherein the App crashes when entering certain race events. Deleting and re-installing Gran Turismo 7 might fix those issues. Please note that any Replays, Scapes Photos, and Race Photos that have not been shared in Showcase will be lost after uninstalling the game. (Only Replays up to 200MB in size can be shared.)