Fallout 76 has been updated to version 1.51 today bringing in the new content from Locked and Loaded. The full patch notes can be seen here.
The Locked and Loaded Update is coming to Fallout 76 is out now. The patch should update the game to version 1.51 on PS4 and PS5. The new additions include C.A.M.P Slots, S.P.E.C.I.A.L Loadouts, an all-new game mode that will add new enemies, locations, and more to the game. This patch also marks the start of Season 4. Get the complete details below.
Fallout 76 Update 1.51 Patch Notes
IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIXES
ART & GRAPHICS
- Game Camera: Taking lethal damage from PvP combat while exiting Power Armor no longer causes issues with the game camera.
- Lighting: The word “Laugh” in the “Kill, Laugh, Love” Neon Sign no longer appears much brighter than the rest of the sign.
- Modular Sofa: Stand-up animations now play correctly when players get up after using the Modular Sofa.
- Power Armor: Portions of Raider Scabber, Raider Waster, and Armor Ace Power Armor sets no longer block part of the screen when using heavy weapons in first-person view.
- Power Armor: Propellers on the Vertiguard Power Armor Jetpack now animate correctly after leaving an interior.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause Power Armor pieces to appear separate from the player’s character model when loading into a world.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue that could cause placed Power Armor to be invisible to some players during a Nuclear Winter match.
- Power Armor: When placing a set of Power Armor, the placement preview now displays any attached Power Armor pieces instead of an empty chassis.
- Power Armor: The H.A.R.E. Power Armor Jetpack now correctly displays flame visual effects while it is in use.
- Power Armor: Applying the Camo Secret Service Jetpack mod to T-65 Power Armor no longer automatically applies the Camo Secret Service paint to the Power Armor Torso.
- Vertibots: No longer appear to stutter while flying through the air.
C.A.M.P. AND WORKSHOPS
- Build: Players can no longer open the build menu while simultaneously interacting with furniture.
- Build: Build categories no longer disappear from the build menu if a player lacks resources to craft in those categories and then toggles Buildable Objects on and off.
- Budget: Fixed a rare issue that could cause a player’s Stored budget to exceed 100% despite having no items in storage.
- Budget: The counter for objects that have a build limit, like Turrets and Lights, now visually updates correctly as the player builds those objects.
- Collectron Stations: Adjusted the budget cost to build a Gold Collectron Station so that it matches all other Collectron Stations.
- Defenses: Perimeter Wall Railings can once again be built on upper floors.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that enabled players to stack the bonuses from furniture buffs.
- Furniture: Players now leave any furniture they are currently using if they interact with another piece of furniture.
- Stairs: Stairs with Posts can now be stacked on top of themselves. This will allow players to construct multi-level 2×1 staircases without needing to use standalone Posts.
- Stairs: Fixed an issue preventing some objects from being placed on the floor beneath stairs with posts.
- Workshops: The outline that appears for valid Resource Extractor placement is now blue instead of green.
- Wall Décor: Free States Wall Signs now correctly appear under the Wall Décor tab in the build menu.
- Daily: Daily Ops enemies, like Cultists, Blood Eagles, Robots, and etc., now correctly progress Daily Challenges that require the player to kill specific types of enemies.
- General: When leaving a Daily Ops, players are now correctly returned to the location where they joined the Op, rather than their last Fast Travel location.
- Enemies: Fixed an issue causing certain Daily Ops enemies to have lower defenses than intended.
- Enemies: Upon completing a Daily Op, enemies will now stop spawning, and any that still remain will be automatically destroyed.
- Enemies: Added new sound effects to Eye Bombs in the Robot faction to help warn players.
- Locations: Made layout improvements to The Burning Mine and The Burrows to aid player movement and reduce disorientation.
- Operation Report: Fixed an issue that could cause the Rare Rewards section of the Operation Report to appear blank after completing a Daily Ops quickly enough to reach an upper reward tier.
- Resilient: Fixed an issue in which Resilient enemies sometimes did not die after players hit them with valid melee attacks.
- Teams: Team Leaders are no longer kicked from Daily Ops instances if the team disbands.
- Uplink Mode: Increased the interaction speed of the Uplink object.
- Uplink Mode: Fixed an issue in the Burning Mine that could cause not enough enemies to spawn during Uplink Mode.
- Apparel: The Camo Ops, Tactical Ops, and Vintage Football outfits now correctly display on top of the player’s armor.
- Armor: Repairing a piece of broken armor while it is still equipped no longer prevents that armor from applying its defensive bonuses.
- Headwear: The Moonshine Mama and Old Man Summer Fasnacht Masks can now be assigned to Display Cases.
- Headwear: The Fasnacht Brahmin Mask is now scrappable.
- Power Armor: An empty Power Armor Chassis no longer occasionally appears when another player enters a set of Power Armor.
- Power Armor: The H.A.R.E. and Park Ranger Power Armors now have appropriate damage and radiation resistances.
- Power Armor: A “You can’t store that here” error message no longer appears when attempting to transfer T-65 or Strangler Heart Power Armor pieces from one Power Armor Chassis to another.
- Power Armor: Fixed a rare issue in which players could not exit their Power Armor or access the Pip-Boy.
- Weapons: .44 Pistol paints can now be correctly applied to the Medical Malpractice weapon.
- Weapons: Damage numbers displayed when attacking with a Salvaged Assaultron Head now match the damage dealt.
- Weapons: Melee weapons now properly take Condition damage when attacking.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Client Stability: Fixed an Xbox One client crash related to viewing the friends list.
- Client Stability: Fixed a PlayStation 4 client crash that could occur during the Fertile Soil event.
- Client Stability: The client no longer crashes during a Nuclear Winter match after hacking a Terminal and choosing the Reveal Enemies option.
- Client Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause a client crash when connecting to a Nuclear Winter match.
- Loading: Fast traveling after using a Shelter Entrance that was placed inside of a Shelter no longer results in an infinite loading screen.
- Performance: Improved performance when opening the Map screen.
- Electric Absorption: Now works against enemy laser attacks in addition to energy attacks.
QUESTS AND EVENTS
- Early Warnings: The quest objective “Find Heating Coils at Abbie’s Bunker” now displays how many Coils the player needs to collect.
- Seasonal Events: Fasnacht Day and Grahm’s Meat-Cook will now display as completed in the Pip-Boy following the player’s next successful completion of these events.
- Secrets Revealed: Fixed several issues with Digger and other Secret Service members that could prevent the quest from progressing.
- Bobbleheads: The Charisma Bobblehead now plays appropriate sound effects when players consume it.
- Compound Bow: Now plays appropriate sound effects if the player has no ammo when they attempt to fire.
- Curtain Door: Now plays appropriate sound effects when opened or closed.
- Emotes: The Laughing Emote’s sound effects now stop playing if the emote is interrupted before completion.
- Eyebots: No longer baa like the Imposter Sheepsquatch when they explode.
- Rustic Watermill: Now plays appropriate sound effects when destroyed.
- Controls: Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the game controls to lock up when exiting a Workbench.
- Controls: The game controls no longer lock up for players who are using a Power Armor Station in someone else’s C.A.M.P. when the owner logs out.
- Controls: Rapidly pressing the Use button while entering Power Armor no longer causes the game controls to lock up.
- Controls: On Xbox, entering a set of Power Armor immediately after modifying it at the Power Armor Station near Grafton Dam no longer causes the controls to lock up.
- Custom Item Names: After selling an item that had a custom name, that custom name slot will now be correctly returned to the player so that they can rename another item.
- Exploit: Fixed an exploit that could allow players to equip more Perk Cards than intended.
- Localization: In the German client, player names are no longer cut off at the top of the screen when capturing a Workshop.
- Map: Bloody Frank’s is now labelled correctly on the Map.
- Notifications: Fixed an issue on login that caused the player’s Season rank to visually reset to 1 in the menus, and fanfares for all of their previously earned ranks to play in sequence.
- Notifications: The fanfare that appears after discovering a new location now scales down for long location names so that the text does not get cut off.
- Pip-Boy: Items received through player-to-player trades or from Player Vending Machines now correctly appear in the Pip-Boy’s “NEW” tab.
- Pip-Boy: When viewing a weapon’s stats in the Pip-Boy, the damage numbers displayed in the item card and in the lower-right corner of the “WEAPON” tab are now consistent.
- Pip-Boy: Stats for items in the Pip-Boy’s “NEW” tab no longer persist if the player consumes or drops that item.
- Pip-Boy: Items from the Pip-Boy’s “ITEM” tab no longer sometimes appear when viewing the “EFFECTS” tab.
- Social: Player Icons no longer disappear from the Recent Players menu when players exit the game.
- Social: Opening the context menu on a player’s name in the friends list and then switching tabs no longer prevents the player from scrolling through social menu options.
- Tutorials: The tutorial pop-up for building inside of Shelters will now only appear once.
- General: Fixed several locations throughout Appalachia where players could see out of world.
- Pathing: Fixed a number of objects in the world that players could path through or clip into.
- Pathing: Corrected several locations throughout the world where players could become stuck.
- The Ash Heap: Added missing radiation hazards to fires inside of Abandoned Mine Shafts in the Ash Heap.
- Vault-Tec University: Players can now enter the Vault-Tec University instance while on a team.
Here are some of the new additions to this update.
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts – Adapt your characters to every new challenge you face in Appalachia with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts. After level 25, you can use a “Punch Card Machine” in your C.A.M.P. and at Train Stations to completely reset your S.P.E.C.I.A.L., change up your Perk Cards, and then name and save your new setup into one of two loadout slots.
- C.A.M.P. Slots – The addition of C.A.M.P. Slots will allow you to build out a brand-new home in Appalachia without giving up your existing abode. We’ve also made significant adjustments to Display Cases and Vending Machines so that they’re more flexible when you’ve got more than one C.A.M.P. Watch our Dev Dive video and read this article to learn all about C.A.M.P. Slots and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts directly from the dev team.
- Daily Ops Expansion – Featuring an all-new game mode, new locations, enemies, mutations, and rewards, this update nearly doubles every aspect of Daily Ops. Get more insights by joining the developers in our Dev Dive video, and by reading this article on Fallout.com.
- Season 4 Begins – Team up with Armor Ace and the Power Patrol as they square off against Commissioner Chaos and the Yukon Five during Season 4, which introduces a new Scoreboard, 100 ranks to achieve, and tons of rewards to claim along the way. Catch everything you need to know about Season 4 by visiting the Seasons page on Fallout.com, and by reading this article.
- Mannequins – Are your outfits gathering dust in your Stash? Put some of your favorites on display for all of your C.A.M.P. visitors to admire with a set of male and female Apparel Mannequins, which you can unlock by ranking up this Season.
- Aim Assist – We’ve added an Aim Assist toggle to the game settings so that players who use controllers can set their sights on enemies and stay on target a little more effectively.
- World Activity Updates – Stay on top of all the action in your current world with updates to the World Activity Menu, which will now display active events, nuke zones, nearby player Vendors, and more.
- Crafting Sliders – Forge a whole stack of items all at once with the new slider that will appear when you’re hard at work crafting at your Workbenches.
- Melee Improvements – We’ve made some tweaks and improvements for melee and unarmed attacks so that your strikes ring true more consistently.
- Treasure Hunter Rewards – Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are always uncovering new valuables in the Wasteland. Following the update, their Mole Miner Pails have the chance to drop some brand-new rewards during “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” events.