Fallout 76 was updated to version 1.48 by Bethesda Softworks. This patch brings in a huge number of fixes as seen in the patch notes.
Bethesda has officially started the third season for Fallout 76. This brings in an all-new “Scribe of Avalon” Scoreboard and a wide variety of new rewards for you to claim during your Season journey. Here is the size of the update on the different platforms.
- PC (Bethesda.net): 5.0 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 11.9 GB
- PC (Steam): 5.7 GB
- PlayStation 4: 9.2 GB
- Xbox One: 11.6 GB
Get the patch notes for this update below.
Fallout 76 Update 1.48 Patch Notes 184.108.40.206
Art & Graphics
- Power Armor: The headlamp on the Blue Demon Power Armor Helmet now shines in the correct direction in third-person view.
- Underarmor: The Brotherhood of Steel Camouflage Infantry Uniform no longer clips through equipped outfits.
C.A.M.P. and Workshops
- Ammo Converter: Flamer Fuel can now be sold using the 100x sell option, and Railroad Spikes can be purchased using the 100x buy option.
- Defenses: The Encampment Gate is now centered between its posts.
- Defenses: Encampment Fences can now be snapped to the left side of the Encampment Gate.
- Exploit: Addressed a C.A.M.P. budget exploit related to Patio Chairs.
- Spooky Sound Machine: The Spooky Sound Machine can now be placed at the same time as the Fog Machine.
- Vault Catwalk: Straight sections of Vault Catwalk can now be properly snapped to corner pieces.
- Combat: Killing the Scorchbeast Queen now counts toward “Kill Different Kinds of Tough Enemies” Combat Challenge progress.
- Combat: Killing the Flatwoods Monster now counts toward “Kill an Alien” subchallenge progress for the “Kill different kinds of human-like creatures” Combat Challenge.
- Combat: Killing a Small Frog now counts toward “Kill Different Kinds of Critters” Combat Challenge progress.
- Combat: Killing a Hermit Crab now counts toward “Kill Different Kinds of Arthropods” Combat Challenge progress.
- Combat: Killing Mirelurks and Fog Crawlers now counts toward “Kill Different Kinds of Aquatic or Semi-Aquatic Creatures” Combat Challenge progress.
- Combat: Killing Cave Crickets now counts toward “Kill different Kinds of Insects and Bugs” Combat Challenge progress.
- Daily: Fixed an issue that prevented some Holotapes from counting toward “Listen to an Audio Holotape” Daily Challenge progress.
- World: The “Discover the Overseer’s C.A.M.P.” World Challenge now displays the correct reward icon in the Challenge menu.
- Armor: Red Viper Armor Skins can now be favorited for use in Nuclear Winter.
- Headwear: Red Viper and Camouflage Skins can now be applied to the Urban Scout Mask.
- Plans: Fixed an issue that prevented the Plan for the Poodle Sleeping Bag from dropping as a reward for level 50+ players in Daily Ops.
Performance and Stability
- Client Stability: Fixed a PC client crash that could occur when fighting Scorched in the Forest.
- Client Stability: Fixed a PlayStation 4 client crash that could occur when exiting another player’s Vault Atrium Shelter.
- Client Stability: Fixed an Xbox One client crash that could occur when entering the Foundation Supply Room during the “Supplying Demands” quest.
- Performance: Fixed an issue that could cause client hitching during gameplay.
Quests and Events
- Property Rights: Sheena no longer spawns inside a wall during the “Speak to Sheena” objective.
- Build: Floors and other objects can now be built at the spawn point inside Shelters, excluding items like Traps and Pressure Plates.
- Floor Décor: Potted Plants can now be built near Shelter ceilings more easily, and no longer sometimes place outside the playable area.
- Entrances: Fixed a case where Large Shelter Entrances could not be placed near water.
- Entrances: Objects built on top of Large Shelter Entrances no longer clip through the pre-existing metal beams.
- Programmable Objects: Light Boxes, Switches, Cycling Lights, and other objects that can be “programmed” now retain their settings between play sessions.
- Wall Décor: Fixed an issue that could cause the Eat-o-tronic to clip into the floor when built inside the Vault Lobby Shelter.
- Wallpapers: Only Wallpapers that the player owns can be placed inside of Shelters.
- Wires: Wires attached between Generators and certain powered objects, like Decontamination Showers, now persist after exiting and re-entering a Shelter.
- Collectron Stations: Added Sound effects that will play when opening or closing the container attached to Collectron Stations.
- Atomic Shop: Fixed an issue that could prevent further menu navigation in the Atomic Shop after purchasing a Bundle.
- Help Menu: Added Shelters information to the Fallout 76 Help Menu.
- Inventory: Opening a Holiday Gift no longer causes the player’s current selection to automatically move up one row in the Aid menu.
- Scoreboard: Purchasing multiple rank-ups quickly no longer sometimes causes the rank-up button to become non-functional.