Players are reporting crashing issues for Psychonauts 2 on PC so here are some potential fixes to help you sort them out.
Psychonauts 2 was released on August 25, 2021. This video game is available on Microsoft Windows, Xbox One and Xbox Series are also on PlayStation 4. Since its release, players are facing random issues such as crashing and lagging. Some of the players are getting this during their playthrough while others can’t even start it as it arises at the time of launch.
However, the following alternatives may fix your crashes.
Crashing Issues Fix For Psychonauts 2
Psychonauts 2 System Check:
Your system needs to be well equipped to run the game. It should meet certain criteria such as;
- The storage must be 30GB with space availability.
- At least Windows 7 must be installed.
This might make your game run as flat as a pancake.
Graphic Driver Check:
Outdated Driver can be another reason for the game’s crashing again and again. If that’s the reason then change the driver for your GPU. Go to the manufacturer’s website to get the respective driver updates, e.g Nvidia or AMD.
While downloading the game you might download some corrupted files which can cause your game to not function properly. Hence, take a survey for corrupted files and download and install the game again.
There is a fair chance that your PC’s antivirus detection might be causing troubles in the game. Antivirus can fallaciously detect and mark some files of Psychonauts 2 causing the whole game to get crash. Try disabling the Antivirus detection once.
Game Integrity Verification:
Psychonauts 2 may contain corrupted files during the downloading process. To fix this problem follow the steps:
- Go to your Steam Account.
- Then to the Library
- Click on Psychonauts 2 and its properties.
- Go to the local Files
- And select Verify Integrity of game files option.
This can sort out the issue.
Other major issues can prevail because of ;
- Fullscreen or window mode: Changing fullscreen to window mode can reduce the lagging of the game.
- VSync screen tearing issue: You can boost the FPS by disabling the VSync, which will eventually cause your game to run smoothly and promptly.