Wreckfest has been updated to version 2.08 today for PS4. The full patch notes for this update on PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC, can be seen below.
The update version of Wreckfest on different platforms is as follows: PC: 1.277122 XB1/XSX: 18.104.22.168 PS4: 2.08 PS5: 1.008. Among the highlights for this update is New tournament: Wrecking Madness, New free Wrecking Playground environment, a New Speedbird GT tournament reward car, a New Extreme damage mode, and Improvements and fixes. You can find out the patch notes for this update below.
Wreckfest Update 2.08 Patch Notes
- Added a new track: Wrecking Playground.
Server admins note: the internal designation for the track is wrecker01_1.
- Introducing new tournament: Wrecking Madness
- New tournament reward car: Speedbird GT.
- (XB1/XSX) Game no longer sporadically crashes during multiplayer.
- (PS5) Improved Voice Chat reliability.
- (PS5) Improved multisample anti-aliasing.
- (PS5) Improved performance.
- Server admins note: if you’re using a custom script to start your server, make sure that the executable points to Wreckfest.exe or Wreckfest_x64.exe in the ROOT (the “main” installation) folder, and not in the /server folder as previously. Attempting to launch the server from the /server folder won’t work anymore.
- Improved dynamic objects syncing over network.
- Added a new “Extreme” damage mode.
- Improved Bandit and Bandit Ripper handling.
- Improved dynamic dirt for a number of vehicles.
- Speedbird engine audio no longer cuts off when the engine is over-revved.
- Schoolbus, Motorhome, Supervan & Sofa Car loaners: Fixed triggering misconfiguration with gearshifter sounds.
- (PS5) Fixed surface material misconfiguration that disabled some surface sounds and their haptic feedback.
- (PS5) Decreased the effect of in-game physics to haptics intensity of track object and car-to-car collision rumbles.
- (PS5) Added unique dynamic skid rumble for asphalt surfaces (take that Rocket RX for a spin!).
- (PS5) Added unique rumble for barrel and fence collisions, player vehicle gearshift and backfires.
- (PS5) Adjusted rumble style of low momentum collisions with track objects for a sharper/snappier feel.
- (PS5) Lowered center frequency of low intensity car-to-car collision rumbles.