The Long Dark update 2.08 is out now for PC. Details on the patch notes and various other fixes can be seen here.
Hinterland Studios has just released a v2.08 Quality of Life Hotfix for the popular survival game, The Long Dark, on PC and Mac, including Survival Edition. This update includes bug fixes, game and performance improvements, and enhancements to the user interface (UI).
To confirm that The Long Dark 2.08 update has been installed, players can check the CL number displayed in the top left corner of their home screen in-game. Please note that this update does not contain an update to WINTERMUTE.
Among the improvements in the UI are the addition of missing stats to the Journal screen for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY content, a fix for the action text that appears when opening a container with the Hack Saw, and a general polish pass on UI items.
The Long Dark Update 2.08 Patch Notes
- UI – Added missing stats to the Journal screen for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY content.
- UI – Fixed the action text that appears when opening a container with the Hack Saw. “Sawing” will now appear instead of “Searching”.
- UI – Completed a general polish pass on UI items.
- Gameplay – Fixed an issue where unexpected items were spawning in Interloper games.
- Gameplay – Fixed an issue that caused players to wake up from Insomnia less often than intended.
- Gameplay – Fixed an issue that caused Distress Pistol Containers to lose their contents if the player transitioned through a load screen.
- Gameplay – Fixed an issue where some randomly spawned corpses were invisible.
- Gameplay – Fixed an issue where players using a Controller could not add fuel to a Fire.
TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY
**Please note that this section contains spoilers for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY.**
- Airfield – Updated the route travelled by Bears in the Forsaken Airfield Region to help avoid areas where they could become stuck, including rocks in the middle of the river.
- Airfield – Fixed an issue where Glimmer Fog would not activate if the player was inside an interior while in the Forsaken Airfield.
- General – Fixed an issue that caused WINTERMUTE to ignore Launch Options set in the Steam client, such as video mode and resolution overrides.
- Audio – Fixed an issue that caused waterfall sounds to play at unintended locations.
In Survival Mode, unexpected items spawning in Interloper games, players waking up from Insomnia less often than intended, Distress Pistol Containers losing their contents if the player transitioned through a load screen, and some randomly spawned corpses being invisible have all been fixed. Additionally, players using a Controller can now add fuel to a Fire.
TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY has also received some updates, such as the route traveled by Bears in the Forsaken Airfield Region being updated to help avoid areas where they could become stuck, including rocks in the middle of the river. An issue where Glimmer Fog would not activate if the player was inside an interior while in the Forsaken Airfield has also been fixed.
Hinterland Studios has released a new expansion for The Long Dark, Tales from the Far Territory, which takes players to a new region of Great Bear Island. This expansion will feature new challenges, mysteries, and secrets, as well as new gameplay features such as mining, prospecting, and crafting. The first episode was released in early 2023 on all platforms, and the expansion pass, which includes three episodes, will cost $19.99 USD and grant access to future content updates and exclusive rewards.
The Long Dark offers hundreds of hours of free-form, open-world survival gameplay, as well as an engaging story mode that follows two characters as they struggle to survive the Quiet Apocalypse. For those who have not yet played the game, it is currently available on Steam for 50% off until March 23rd.