Terraria update 1.29 is out now for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. You can get the complete patch notes for the update here.
This new update is called Labor of Love and it is out today on all major platforms. You can get more information on Terraria update 1.29 with the patch notes shared below. You can also have a look at the official website to learn more about it.
Terraria Update 1.29 Patch Notes
New Special Seeds and Updates to Special Seeds
– Added the “Remix” World Seed, where the player spawns in the Underworld and makes their way up. Worldgen is heavily overhauled, and enemy spawns and item drops are changed
– Added the “No Traps” World Seed, for those players who just totally hate dying to traps during their Terraria adventures.
– Added the “Everything” World Seed, a combination of all of the major seed features from every other special seed.
For the Worthy Updates
– Numerous changes and threats have made their way to the FTW seed, to demand even more worthiness from players
– Classic difficulty FTW worlds automatically behave as Expert. Expert FTW worlds are automatically Master.
– Should now be possible to 100% complete the Bestiary
Not the Bees Updates
– Spider Caves now generate in Not The Bees worldgen
– All fish should be catchable now
– Should now be possible to 100% complete the Bestiary
Don’t Starve Seed Updates
– Don’t Starve Darkness damage increased from 50 to 250, and the time before being hurt decreased from 8 to 4 seconds
– Eating regular mushrooms will reset hunger back to full duration Peckish if you are Peckish, Hungry, or Starving
Celebration Seed Updates
– A number of changes have been made to Celebration worlds to make them even more fancy and festive!
New Items and Content
– Added 8 Slime Town Pets! Collect em all!
– Added over 300 new items
– Added over 25 new blocks and walls
– Added over 55 new paintings
– Added a few new vanity accessories and items
– Added a new tree type
– Added 3 new furniture sets
– Added Crimson and Corrupt Mud Grass. Corruption and Crimson no longer dry out Jungle Grass into dirt when corrupting it, but instead simply spread to the grass portion.
– Added Rubblemaker
– Added Shellphone
– Added Hand of Creation
– Added Echo Coating and changed Illuminant Paint to be Illuminant Coating. Coatings function exactly like paint, except they can be stacked with any other paint and each other.
– Added Lilith’s Necklace
– Added Poo
– Added Terraformer
– Added a Biome Sight Potion
– Added Jungle Birds
– Added Flymeal, bane of Townsfolk everywhere
– Added a few more pre-Hardmode weapons
– Added Bottomless Honey Bucket and Honey Absorbent Sponge
– Added Fart Kart
– Added Resplendent Dessert
– Re-implemented Pixel Boxes to be sold by the Mechanic, which have been updated to have improved functionality for pixel displays.
– Re-implemented the deprecated Mini Star Cell Banner. It drops and buffs its respective enemy. Regular Star Cell banner no longer gives a buff against Mini Cells.
UI and Menu QoL Changes
– Added Equipment Loadouts. Changed F1-F3 keys to be the default bindings for Loadout Swapping, and F4 was changed to be the keybind for Camera mode.
– You can now place any accessory in social slots again. Social slot eligibility tooltip removed.
– Increased the max stack size of nearly all stackable items to 9999.
– You can now stack Guide Voodoo Dolls! But . . . with great stacking comes great responsibility. Throwing a stack of more than one into lava may have unwanted consequences.
– Void Bag now can be opened/closed with right click. A closed Void Bag will no longer pick up overflow items, and functions more like a Money Trough. An open Void Bag still picks up overflow items, and gains a number of new features, including:
– Using Quick Buff, Food, and Potions from its Storage. This includes Mana Flower Mana Potions. Wormhole Potions will also work automatically from within it.
– Allow crafting directly from Void Bag Contents
– Favoriting items inside of it
– Quick Stack to Nearby Chests from its contents
– Keys within it can be used to unlock chests
– Info accessories, Wire vision accessories, and Mechanical ruler all work from within it
– Void Bag will now also collect overflow items when looting chests
– Bestiary now shows kill count for that enemy
– Bestiary now shows stats based on the current gameplay session (based on things like difficulty, seed, etc)
– Added an accessibility option which will allow all weapons to be autofired
– Painter now has two shops menus. Wares are split between them to prevent his wares from being locked out of purchase due to too many items being in one shop.
– You can now link Angler quest fish in the player chat box
– All Quest Fish items now have tooltips saying where to catch them (useful for sharing in chat message)
– Paintbrushes, Fishing Rods, and Clentaminator now show the currently selected “ammo” by the cursor
– Clentaminator now works with Rifle/Sniper Scope functionality
– Angler Set, Fishing Accessories, and the Fishing Potion now all indicate how much Fishing Power increase they grant
– The +/- options to change Zoom now zoom twice as fast
– Updated some outdated loading and Guide text about things such as Lucky Horseshoe and Meteorites
– When in Journey mode, mousing over items in the crafting menu will show how many are needed to Research. This also applies to Guide and Tinkerer UI slots.
– Some info accessory tabs are grayed out when inactive or display N/A, and will light back up when active again. Gold Critters will appear in gold on the Lifeform Analyzer.
– Changed the Quest info for Pengfish and Pixiefish to be more consistent with similar fish
– Quick Stack to Nearby Chests now has a visual effect, showing the items which are being quick stacked moving towards the chests they go into
– Added flavor text and info text for Portal Gun
– Equipping any of the Monoliths in accessory slots will create a player-side shader effect in the same way that Radio Thing does
– Playing musical instruments now shows the note on the cursor
– Significantly increasing the range of quick stack to nearby chests
– Pumpkin and Frost Moon will now display the total score when the event is over.
– Flower Accessory’s social display visual now draws over helmets/face accessories, to allow combining. Additionally, Jungle Rose has been changed from a Head Vanity to a Vanity Accessory.
– Worlds in the World Menu where Moon Lord have been defeated now have a special border around their icon
– Added an option to show health/mana display numbers on Health/Mana UI settings
– Added an option to display numbers on boss health bars
– When a Sandstorm is active, the Weather Radio info accessory will display it, alternating between it and the standard weather display
– Character creation now defaults to Classic mode instead of Journey mode
– Summoning tooltips now say they deal “Summon” damage instead of “Minion” damage
– The game now tracks deaths, and they can be viewed with the /death and /pvpdeath commands. Additionally includes the /alldeath and /allpvpdeath for server-wide numbers.
– Made some consistency improvements to tooltip text displaying Up/Down messages
– Capricorn Legs/Tail now instant-transform into each other, and maintain favorite status, rather than simply spawning a new item in a different inventory location
– Shift-clicking items to the research slot automatically researches the item.
– When randomizing a character, more hairstyles are available to be rolled
– When randomizing a character, the game will pick female characters more often than before (which previously was actually quite uncommon)
– Most of the Stylist haircuts are now available when creating your character
– Added an option to disable quick trash in the main menu
– When using Journey mode’s reach booster, it also increases item pickup range
– Encumbering Stone can be right clicked from the inventory or hotbar to make it Uncumbering, allowing more controllable use of its pickup blocking function
– Your equipped pet can now be seen on the player selection menu with your character
– Journey sliders now have interactible buttons which allow you to snap to specific points
Content Changes and Feature Expansions
– Added new achievements
– Added new Death Messages
– Added several new title texts
– Added many new words to the random world name list
– Added new sounds to several weapons and enemies
– Ropes and Minecart tracks can now intersect, allowing you to use a rope and a minecart in the same spot without having to break one
– Similarly, Ropes and Platforms can also now intersect.
– The player no longer collides with platforms when on a rope pulley, to allow for ropes which go through platforms
– You can now exchange your Town pet by using another Pet License (They can now be purchased infinitely from the Zoologist)
– Smashing altars no longer generates random blocks of infection in the world
– Traveling Merchant now has an extra guaranteed item slot in his inventory in Hardmode. This slot can only contain items from the 4 less common item pools, with the most common items being excluded.
– Traveling Merchant now has an extra guaranteed item slot in his inventory at all times. This slot will ALWAYS contain a painting. Paintings have been removed from all of his other inventory slots, which will slightly increase the odds of obtaining the rest of his wares.
– Angler no longer drops furniture items as part of his regular drop pool. Instead, he now has a chance to give a bonus Furniture drop when completing quests. The odds of getting a bonus furniture drop increase as your Quests completed increases.
– Right clicking the Eternia Crystal Stand during the cooldown between OOA waves will allow you to skip the delay and immediately start the next wave. The Eternia Crystal stand and the first wave completed message also indicate this fact.
– Upon defeating all 3 mechs for the first time, the game will now attempt to immediately spawn a Plantera Bulb in the Jungle
– Glowing Mushroom grass and trees now glow different colors when painted
– Critter Cages can now be stacked and stood on like platforms
– Increased the minimum size of Underground Deserts from 50% of the maximum size to 75% of the maximum. The maximum size has not increased.
– The player can now have double the number of active buffs/debuffs (44 total) before they start overriding each other
– Torch God’s Blessing can now convert Campfires as well
– You can now block swap torches and campfires
– Players can now blockswap ropes out for platforms or minecart tracks if there is already a platform/minecart track to the side of the rope
– All Lockable Chests can now be re-locked using Chest Locks
– The Extractinator can now be used to turn fishing trash into low level bait
– When getting a hole in one in golf, it now says so instead of saying 1 stroke
– Slime Rain can now only begin from 6 AM to Noon, but the odds of it happening are now 4x as high. This will result in the same number of Slime Rains overall, but they simply start in the morning.
– Most critters which spawn from tiles or trees now have a brief delay before they can be killed (the same as how Worms from tiles are protected)
– When hitting trees, the tree will now always show a visual puff of leaves, even if nothing is dropped, to indicate that a successful tree hit has been performed
– Banners, Hanging Bottles, and Lanterns can now be placed on unhammered platforms and all other platform hammer configurations
– Reverting a previous change that altered how Frozen Slime Blocks merged with regular Slime Blocks and other blocks. They are now intentionally inconsistent with regular Slime Blocks for building purposes.
– Crystal Shards can now grow on Pearlsand, Hardened Pearlsand, and Pearlsandstone
– Rainbow Bricks now use an improved map color gradient
– Abigail’s Flower now breaks in one hit when mined and makes a grassy sound when doing so
– Zenith’s swing SFX now plays more often to more appropriately match its swing speed
– Rod of Discord’s item sprite is now bright and generates some light, making it easier to see if it drops
– Resprited several of the core progression swords to be bigger and more up to date
– Starfury’s star has been given a visual overhaul
– You can now fish while partially submerged in water, as long as the player’s arms are above the bobber. This includes fishing in an Inner Tube!
– Cracked Dungeon Bricks can now be broken by projectiles
– Added recipes for all 9 safe versions of Dungeon Walls
– Added recipes for all of the Dungeon worldgen platforms
– Added a recipe for Magic Mirror
– Heavily optimized recipe checking code. This should result in dramatically reduced/eliminated FPS drops when large numbers of recipes are calculated on the fly (such as when opening a chest that contains large numbers of crafting materials when near crafting stations)
– Balla Hat and Gangsta Hat are now sold during day and night respectively, instead of 24/7
– Ocean water is now slightly more transparent and easier to see in
– The Nurse can now comment on how often you have been dying in her random dialogue
– Some Boss Masks can now be combined with Beard Accessories
– Increased movement speed of Hardcore Ghosts
– Teleporters no longer produce flickering light passively