The developers of Tales of Symphonia Remastered have announced an upcoming update for the Nintendo Switch version of the game. Scheduled for release on August 22, 2023, the patch aims to fix several issues that have been affecting players’ experiences.
Tales of Symphonia Remastered Update 1.3 Patch Notes:
The patch notes for Version 1.3 detail the following fixes:
- An issue where the background would not display, causing the game to go dark during a “skit.”
- An issue where the background would go blank when opening the menu screen.
- An issue where the battle start sequence would not play upon encountering an enemy in the field or dungeon.
- An issue causing the game to become inoperable in certain dungeons.
- Other minor bugs have been addressed.
Tales of Symphonia is an action role-playing video game developed by Namco Tales Studio and published by Namco. Originally released for the GameCube in 2003, it has since been ported to various platforms, including PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Steam, and most recently, a remastered version for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 17, 2023.
Set in the fictional world of Sylvarant, the game follows Lloyd Irving and his childhood friend, Colette Brunel, on a journey to save their world. Despite mixed reactions to the music and narrative and some criticism of graphical shortcomings, the game has become the best-selling title in the franchise, with 2.4 million copies sold worldwide.
The game’s success has led to various adaptations, including manga collections, novel series, drama CDs, and an OVA anime series. A sequel, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, was released for the Wii in 2008, and the game has seen multiple re-releases and remastered editions.