The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has received its latest update, version 1.29 (1.009 on PS5), also known as The Creations Update. This update introduces a range of new features and improvements, aimed at enhancing the game’s immersive experience. It weighs approximately 586 MB on Steam and 12.92 GB on consoles.
Skyrim Update 1.29 (1.009 PS5) Patch Notes
- Steam Deck support
- Ultrawide monitor support (PC only)
- Added three new modder resource files to the repositories: MarketplaceTextures.bsa, _ResourcePack.bsa and _ResourcePack.esl
- Main menu: ‘Mods’ and ‘Creation Club’ options have been merged into one header, ‘Creations’.
- Missing Creation check feature added to resolve missing Creations when loading a save file.
- Store Active Load Order and retrieve it from Bethesda.net
- ESL Range has been doubled to 4096 records
- Source scripts for Fishing, Rare Curios, Saints & Seducers and Survival are now provided as a modder’s/creator’s resource.
- Various bugfixes and stability improvements
Skyrim is set in the province of Tamriel and is renowned for its open-world design, allowing players to explore at their own pace and engage in a main story focused on defeating Alduin the World-Eater. Developed using the Creation Engine, Skyrim has received critical acclaim for its world design, visuals, and dual-wielding combat system, though it has faced criticism for its melee combat and technical issues at launch.
Since its initial release in 2011, Skyrim has undergone numerous enhancements, including three DLC add-ons and several re-releases on various platforms. Its enduring popularity is evident in its sales figures and critical reception, cementing it as one of the greatest video games ever made.