In a significant update, Riders Republic has rolled out its Season 8 Patch, introducing a plethora of new features, improvements, and fixes that promise to elevate the gaming experience.
The highlight of this update is introducing skateboarding as a new sport within the Republic. Starting September 27th, players can try skateboarding through a free demo or the game’s weekly content program. Those who wish to delve deeper into the skateboarding experience can purchase the Skate add-on or the Skate Plus Pack, which will unlock a Skate Career featuring 15 events, 4 stunts, and 3 new sponsors: Pizza, Mini Logo, and Powell Peralta.
The game’s world has also received a significant update with the addition of a new festival venue in Brice Canyon, The Deck. This venue is divided into various areas such as The Vans Skate Park, The Plaza, The X Games site, The Containers Village, The Pools, and the Hangar, each offering unique opportunities for different styles of gameplay.
Skateboarding isn’t the only sport getting attention; new gameplay features have been introduced that affect the scoring methods and allow for more interactive environments. For instance, pipe edges are now available for grinding, and the BMX sport has also been updated to include grinding on bowls and pipes.
Responding to popular demand, the game is introducing a Replay Mode, available after maintenance on September 26th. This feature will allow players to capture their best tricks from various angles or find the perfect moment for the best shot.
Among the improvements are changes to controls, with the “Walk” and “Backtrack” inputs being switched by default. The weekly activities and User Generated Content (UGC) menu have also been revamped to offer a more engaging experience. Additionally, the game has addressed issues related to trick spamming, daily sponsor contracts, and lesson-taking in the Tricks Academy.
On the fixes front, several bugs have been resolved, including those related to the Peace Out emote, live events, weekly challenges, and first-person camera issues. The patch also fixes various hoverboard, snowmobile, and BMX bugs, along with correcting the display of the PS button and checkpoints.
Riders Republic Update 1.21 Patch Notes
- Controls: The “Walk” and “Backtrack” inputs are switched by default in this patch. You can always change the controls to suit your style in the Options tab to return to the previous preset.
- Live Content: The weekly activities have received some upgrades to make them more interesting, don’t sleep on them!
- UGC Menu: Big changes are coming to events and we’re preparing the field. The UGC menu has received its first changes with the addition of the Skate tab and the Recommended Content tab, which will be filled based on the creations you play.
- Tricks: Spamming the same trick won’t count towards the combo score.
- Tricks Academy: Multiple lessons for the same sport can be taken right after the previous one. No more skipping classes!
- Sponsors: Daily sponsor contracts asking you to participate in a showdown match have been removed.
- The Peace Out emote has changed slightly.
- Live Events and Live Areas are now correctly displayed on every weekly rotation.
- Fixed some weekly challenges that were difficult to complete.
- Fixed some first-person camera issues.
- Ice Melt secondary objectives can now be completed.
- Various hoverboard, snowmobile tricks and BMX bug fixes.
- Fixed PS button appearing in wrong places.
- Fixed some checkpoints that would still count if you did not pass through them.
Riders Republic was initially released on October 21, 2021, and is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.