Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.197.1 on Android and version 1.163.1 on iOS. The patch notes for this update can be viewed below.
Collections challenges have been added to the game as part of this update. Other improvements have been made to the Egg storage and Pokémon tagging. Get the complete details below.
Pokémon GO Update 0.197.1 (Android) and 1.163.1 (iOS) Patch Notes
– Celebrate different regions of the Pokémon world in January as we count down to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto!
– A new year means new challenges, and in that spirit we’re introducing a new feature—Collection Challenges! These challenges provide a handy guide to catching Pokémon featured during in-game events.
– You can now search your collection for Pokémon powered up with Candy XL.
– We’ve made improvements to Egg storage and Pokémon tagging.
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event focusing on the Johto region will go live on January 31 and bring the following features.
- Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mareep, Hoppip, Aipom, Sunkern, Yanma, Murkrow, Gligar, Snubbull, Slugma, Miltank, and more will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re extremely lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Miltank!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Wooper, Tyrogue, Smoochum, and Larvitar.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chinchou, Mareep, Sudowoodo, and Miltank.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mareep, Marill, and Larvitar will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Togetic, Espeon, Umbreon, Skarmory, and Miltank will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Complete the Johto-themed Collection Challenge during the event by collecting Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Sudowoodo, Sunkern, Murkrow, Smeargle, Miltank, and Larvitar to receive 15 Poké Balls, 10 Ultra Balls, and an Incense. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
- Get Pokémon that know exclusive attacks from 2018 Community Day events! If you evolve the following Pokémon during the event, their Evolution will know an exclusive attack.
- Evolve Bayleef (the evolved form of Chikorita) to get a Meganium that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Quilava (the evolved form of Cyndaquil) to get a Typhlosion that knows Blast Burn.
- Evolve Flaaffy (the evolved form of Mareep) to get an Ampharos that knows Dragon Pulse.
- Evolve Pupitar (the evolved form of Larvitar) to get a Tyranitar that knows Smack Down.