Multiversus update 1.23 is out today for PC and consoles. The details of the various changes can be seen in the patch notes shared here.
MultiVersus, the popular cross-platform brawler game, has just released its latest patch notes on March 15, 2023. The free-to-play multiplayer 2D fighter, developed by Player First Games and published by Warner Bros. Games, allows players to team up and battle it out in legendary universes using iconic characters.
The general updates of the patch notes include an improvement in the controllers’ right stick function, which previously caused characters to turn around unprompted during attacks. The developers have stated that they welcome feedback on this improvement as they continue to monitor its effectiveness.
Multiversus Update 1.23 Patch Notes
- Improved an issue when using the right stick on controllers where characters would turn around unprompted when attacking.
- Fixed an issue where Iron Giant’s hitboxes would spawn below him on some attacks.
- Fixed a bug where Garnet couldn’t properly combo out of her air down attack if she hit someone while on the ground.
- Fixed an issue with LeBron’s stat tracker badge on the mastery track.
- Fixed a bug where Superman could turn Marvin’s spaceship into an ice block with his ice breath.
- Fixed a bug where Marvin could plant his flag on his spaceship and it would persist after his spaceship expired.
- Fixed a bug where Morty wouldn’t move all the way to his down special marker if it was overlapping with a fighter.
- Fixed a bug where if Morty warped back to a position a fighter was in he would teleport to the middle of the map.
- Superman can no longer freeze Marvin’s ship.
- Increased the vacuum strength and reduced the knockback influence on the first hit of Taz’s sandwich attack in order to improve the consistency of its ability to combo into the second hit of the attack.
- Fixed an issue with Wonder Woman’s stat tracker badge on the mastery track.
The character updates consist of various changes to some of the game’s popular characters. Iron Giant’s hitboxes, which previously spawned below him during some attacks, have been fixed. Garnet’s air down attack has been updated to properly combo out if she hits someone while on the ground. LeBron’s stat tracker badge has been fixed in the mastery track. Marvin’s air and ground up special have been updated to prevent Superman from turning his spaceship into an ice block with his ice breath, while Marvin’s flag on his spaceship now disappears when his spaceship expires. Morty’s air and ground down special have been fixed to prevent him from getting stuck in a fighter’s position and teleporting to the middle of the map.
Superman’s freezing ability has also been nerfed, and he can no longer freeze Marvin’s ship. Taz’s ground up attack has been improved to increase the vacuum strength and reduce the knockback influence, which will improve the consistency of its ability to combo into the second hit of the attack. Lastly, Wonder Woman’s stat tracker badge has been fixed in the mastery track.
MultiVersus is available on most major platforms, including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, as well as PC.