Mount & Blade Bannerlord II update 1.06 is out today for PC and consoles. You can get the complete patch notes for the update from here.
There are plenty of crash fixes in this update on PC. The bug fixes mentioned in the patch notes range from single-player to multiplayer portion of the game. You can learn more about the update with the patch notes shared below.
Mount & Blade Bannerlord II Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an agent dropped its weapons upon death.
- Fixed a combat-related crash.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when peace was made during a siege.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when switching menus during an encounter.
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to a bugged map event where one side had no party.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during the sergeant score calculation when clanless bandit heroes participated in battles.
- Fixed the incorrect criteria for unlocking the Entrepreneur, Explorer and Supreme Emperor achievements.
- Fixed a session bug that caused achievement unlocks to not be processed.
- Fixed a bug that caused attackers in sieges to loop between the remaining defenders and the initial conquered wall section without attacking anyone.
- Fixed a server crash related to objective and kill rewards.
- Reduced the time needed to join a crowded server.
Initial Beta Changelog:
- Fixed a crash that occurred when ending a conversation.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a player encountered a party that was very close to a settlement’s gate.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if the main hero became a prisoner while a clan member was solving an issue.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on the encyclopedia screen due to a GPU memory-related issue.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an agent was killed while it was switching weapons.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during the lord’s keep battle when troops spawned in.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during the AI opponent’s turn in Tablut.
- Fixed minor text and translation-related bugs.
- Added a new town scene (Sanala).
- Improved conversation animations with lords and notables. That includes male and female poses, more alternatives for different moods and improved facial animations.
- Improved lip synchronization face shapes, resulting in a better match between voice and facial animations.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some settlements from being accessible with the gamepad.
- Fixed a bug that caused the marriage offer notification to disappear.
- Fixed a bug that caused the scoreboard to stay visible even when no longer relevant.
- Fixed a bug that caused B/Circle controller buttons to not work consistently in game menus after sneaking inside towns.
- Fixed a bug that caused LB/L1 and RB/R1 controller buttons to switch tabs in the clan screen while the “create a party” popup was open.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the game from pausing when losing focus during a loading screen.
Battles and Sieges
- Fixed a bug that prevented some lances with banners from being couched.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the equipment control view from being displayed during keep battles.
- Fixed a bug that altered the menu text when attacked while raiding a village.
- Fixed a bug that allowed for infinite influence to be gained by donating troops to companion parties within the same army.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
- Adjusted the war desire calculations of factions to better match the expected war durations.
Quests & Issues
- Fixed a bug that caused the Family Feud quest dialogue to be stuck in a loop.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the completed main storyline quests from being displayed in the quest log.
- Fixed a bug that caused Vlandian Vanguard troops to spawn without shields.
- Assigned names to the battle terrains used in Custom Battle.
- Fixed a server crash that occurred when an agent passed out of the map boundary.
Other – Miscellaneous
- Dedicated Custom Server Helper Changes
- Made the helper module a “MultiplayerOptional” module to allow servers and clients to enable it freely without hindering the ability to join servers.
- Added the ability to re-download existing maps.
- Added a warning marker to easily see which existing scenes may not be compatible with their server counterpart.
- The helper module now opens the “Download Panel” menu automatically if the scene compatibility check fails for a helper module-enabled server.
- Strengthened and modified the helper web panel authentication to invalidate existing credentials when the AdminPassword is changed.
- Added client-side checks that prevent players from joining servers for which they do not have a compatible scene file.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from joining password-protected servers due to the server selection disappearing.
- Fixed a bug that allowed for map downloading with no maps selected on the “Download Panel” menu.
Server & Network
- Fixed a bug that caused custom game invites to be ignored when the player was in the queue.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Open Download Panel” menu item to be listed even for servers without the helper module loaded.
- Updated the Voice Language option tab description and removed the Voice Language option from multiplayer options.
- Fixed a bug that prevented item visuals from being shown until the mouse hovered over the item.
- Optimised memory usage.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “Ride it Like You Stole It” and “SwordBearer” achievements from being unlocked.
- Fixed a bug that caused dust particles to be stretched across the screen.
- Added a new module category “MultiplayerOptional” for tool-oriented modules. Servers and clients will by default be compatible if their mismatching modules are limited to optional ones.
- Added a new launch argument for server hosts to disable optional modules on their server (dedicatedcustomserverDontAllowOptionalModules).
- Modified the xscene file format to optionally allow for versioning of scene files which grants more reliability when checking client-server compatibility. The new attributes are supported on the scene editor options.
- Fixed a bug that caused non-official modules to have their unspecified 4th version segment default to values incompatible between server and client.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on launcher start if the launcher couldn’t find a module’s SubModule.xml file.
- Fixed a bug that caused a MpClassDivisions.xml merging issue, when the new XML had conditional effects.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a prequel to Mount & Blade, which was released in 2008. It takes place 210 years before its predecessor and is set in the Migration Period. On March 27, 2020, an early access version was launched, immediately becoming the largest launch of the year on Steam. The game was released on October 25, 2022 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.