Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone update 1.64 is available to download today for PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series. You can get the patch notes here.
This is supposedly the last major update for the game bringing in a number of major changes to the weapons and other fixes. Take a look at the number of changes including bug fixes in the patch notes shared below, or see them on the official website.
Modern Warfare and Warzone Update1.64 Patch NotesMODES
Greatest Hits of the Year
To see out the Season, we’re excited to be bringing back a wealth of classics and fan-favorite game Modes. But first… some ground rules:
- Playlist rotations will occur once per week.
- A variant of Plunder will be available every week.
- Fortune’s Keep and Rebirth Island will also be present every week, with only the squad sizes rotating.
- There will be a focus in prioritizing Fortune’s Keep for all squad sizes to best support those practicing for the upcoming CDL tournament!
We will also be improving support for our “Solo” Players, with a wealth of variety to offer. We heard from our Solo community that they felt under-serviced in terms of solo game Modes so wanted to better expand the availability and choice of this squad size;
- Battle Royale Solos will cycle through different variants each week:
- Buy Back Solos
- Battle Royale Solos
- Champion of Caldera Solos
- Fortunes Keep and Rebirth Island will always have Resurgence Solos available on both maps at the same time.
Regarding the “Greatest Hits” LTMs, Players can expect to enjoy the following appearing in rotation throughout the remainder of the season as we move away from daily rotations and back to weekly rotations:
- Rebirth Blood Money
- Rebirth Payload (In-Season)
- Caldera Iron Trials
- Caldera Resurgence
- Golden Plunder
- Champion of Caldera
- Battle Royale Buy Backs
- Sticks & Stones (In-Season)
Be sure to also keep an eye out for a surprise or two in the coming weeks as well!
CDL Fortunes Keep Resurgence Trios
We are excited to support the upcoming Fortune’s Keep Resurgence Trios CDL tournament. We will always have Fortune’s Keep Trios in the active Playlist to offer a place for Players to practice for the $100k tournament!
The only major change in this “CDL” variant is that the Mercenaries “Cash Extraction” Public Event has been disabled.
Unfortunately due to an ongoing issue with Private Matches, we do not expect Fortune’s Keep to be available in Private Matches.
As part of our “Greatest Hits” outro, we are bringing “Mini-Royale” to Caldera for the first time. This high intensity, high time-to-action Mode will be a perfect note to end the season on.
Rebirth Resurgence Supreme
Resurgence Supreme is what the team at Beenox consider the perfect version of the fan-favorite Rebirth Resurgence Mode with all new rules:
- We’ve increased the tension…
- The Resurgence Countdown is a little longer
- Players have a slight increase of core health to 200 HP.
- Getting an elimination now shows enemy squad locations as a ping on the mini-map for a longer period of time.
- Players now have more control over the Resurgence Countdown…
- Actions now reduce the Countdown twice as fast.
- Avenging a squad mate will greatly reduce the Countdown.
- We’ve crafted ‘Supreme’ Weapons…
- The ground loot brings back even more fan-favorite Weapons.
- The lowest rarity is Epic.
- Players will deploy with iconic and powerful Weapons.
- All Weapons will have the most legendary skins that Warzone has to offer.
We hope this Mode will be a fun and challenging experience for everyone as having a Loadout isn’t as important as it normally is. May the best team win!
A Message from Butcher
With the final Season Five update comes a new cinematic outro from Butcher when you load into Warzone.
“Where has he been?”, you may ask. Well all we know is that he never left the island, but he has seen a LOT – and now it’s time to exfil as this journey isn’t finished yet…
“Warzone Stories” Calling Cards
As we conclude Season Five, we want to reflect on and immortalize a few fond stories that have had the community talking.
The following Calling cards are available to everyone for free from day one as a thank you to the community for sharing in these fun and memorable moments:
- Warzone Stories: King Grau!
- The meta of all metas, the Grau 5.56 (MW) is one of the all-time great Weapons. Let’s celebrate its legacy as the true AR king that shall not be forgotten, or dethroned.
- Warzone Stories: Cracked Meta!
- A meta remembered for varying reasons *ahem* is the “cracked” DMR 14 (BOCW) from the second year of Warzone. If you’re still a DMR 14 (BOCW) demon, then may this Calling Card represent you well.
- Warzone Stories: Eagle Child!
- We loved this Reddit story. Whether you think it’s “Ego Challenge” or “Eagle Child”, we want you to feel represented either way.
- Warzone Stories: Big Fish!
- Is it a mammal, or is it a real big fish? *Spoiler alert* Of course it’s a mammal, but we wanted those who are grossly misinformed to still feel represented.
- Warzone Stories: Pest Control!
- We’ve all been there: Rebirth Island, Grandma’s house, there’s a rat hiding in the darkest corner possible. Show your pest control capabilities with this special Calling Card that is sure to put fear into every Rose Operator for a hundred miles.
- Warzone Stories: Swap-Seat-Snipe!
- We have seen some absolutely incredible content come from planes, with one of the most impressive being the wealth of snipes from the passenger seat. Equip this Calling Card while sniping from 1,000ft up to show your opponents just how calculated it was.
- Loadout Cost Reduction
- Similar to “Titanium Trials”, Loadout Drop Markers in the Buy Station will now cost $500 less per circle.
- Circle 1 = $10,000
- Circle 2 = $9,500
- Circle 3 = $9,000
- Circle 4 = $8,500
- Circle 5 = $8,000
- Circle 6 = $7,500
- Circle 7 = $7,000
Thanks to a recent community poll where you voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Loadout Cost Reduction in Titanium Trials, we are happy to bring this change to Battle Royale to give better mid-to-late game regain opportunities. Be sure to grab your discounted Loadouts as the circle collapses, and as a reminder – don’t forget to look for the Loadout Drop icon on the squad widget that lets you know when you can afford a Loadout!
- ATMs will now appear in Battle Royale!
We love how ATMs have been used in Plunder and Golden Plunder. We are expanding their availability to Battle Royale as an additional choice for Players to make when regaining.
- Gulag Tokens and Redeploy Tokens
- Doubled the spawn rate in Legendary Supply Boxes
- Slightly increased spawn rate in regular Supply Boxes
We feel that searching for a Legendary Supply Box should offer the best value proposition in the game – should you find one – with these beloved orange boxes being one of the most desirable aspects of finding a Golden Keycard.
QUALITY OF LIFE
At the start of the year we made Quality of Life improvements one of our key focus points. 9 months and more than 100+ changes later, we are happy to reveal the final set of Quality of Life improvements below.
We’d like to thank our entire community for every piece of constructive feedback and the positive engagement you have shown each season. Even at times where we turned left instead of right, we were never afraid to try new things to see how they landed… and correcting course where necessary based on your feedback.
- “Recommended” Weapons
- Increased the number of Players that will see “Recommended” Weapons appear in the Gunsmith.
- Weapons from Modern Warfare 2019 and Black Ops: Cold War will also show as “Recommended” if they are meta relevant.
Due to the positive sentiment of this feature that was originally rolled out to a smaller select audience, we are now happy to slowly roll this out to a bigger audience to better detail Weapons that are most meta relevant.
- Golden Keycard Bunkers
- Golden Keycard Bunkers will now have a Yellow Circle highlighted on the Tac Map.
We liked the useful Player-leading that the Tac Map of Season Four had by circling the bunkers with Golden Keycard access points, so we have re-added these circles to the Tac Map for this final update.
- Manual Gas Mask
- Improved Manual Gas Mask text in the settings menu to better detail how Players manually equip the Gas Mask.
- Moved the Gas Mask to be the first entry in the Quick Inventory for easier manual equipping.
We felt that the UX for the manual Gas Mask wasn’t as user-friendly as it could be, so we have made a few changes to better improve the experience for manual Players.
- Supply Box UAVs
- Supply Box UAVs will no longer show red Rebirth Supply Boxes.
Upon review, the red Rebirth Supply Boxes were overloading the mini map, especially in High Value Loot Zones. Given their nature to respawn and the fact that they could be mistaken for an enemy on the minimap, we’ve removed Rebirth Supply Boxes to better focus on the regular, Legendary, and Personal Supply Boxes.
- Ground Loot Perks
- Text will be displayed on the UI when a Perk is acquired via ground loot.
In the rush to pick up ground loot, it can often be difficult to know which Perk was just acquired. To help with this, Players will now see a short yellow text notification near their crosshair to inform them which Perk they just picked up. i.e. “Battle Hardened Perk Acquired”
- Scavenger Pouch
- Scavenger pouches will now drop a guaranteed $1,000 on enemy elimination
This Perk is underutilized given its clear value for “Rusher” playstyles, so we have made a change such that the Scavenger pouch from an elimination will now contain a guaranteed $1,000. We expect this to be a real contender for being a default Perk in the slot, as well as strengthening its role as a Ground Loot Perk for any Players motivated by elimination chasing.
Field Upgrade Adjustments
- Portable Decontamination Station
- Duration has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 13 seconds
We want to position the Portable Decontamination Station as THE #1 gas play method, so we have significantly buffed its timer. This will clear a safe space in the gas to open up more interesting choices and opportunities.
As a celebration of the breadth of Weapons we have to offer, we’re taking the opportunity with Season Five Mid-Season update to really highlight all that’s been added these last few years. You’ll find a whole new Ground Loot and Gulag loadout experience along with some targeted hits to the most performant builds in the game, along with one last round of adjustments for the most underused Weapons.
- Ground Loot and Gulag Loadouts Refreshed
- Leaning into the history of Warzone , you’ll find some of the greatest hits from Modern Warfare, Black Ops and Vanguard in Ground Loot. We have significantly increased the variance on offer from what was previously on offer in order to make the early game feel more dynamic each drop.
- BP50: Assault Rifle (VG)
- This fully automatic bullpup assault rifle boasts a high fire rate while remaining deadly and accurate at long range.
- Lienna 57: Light Machine Gun (VG)
- This compact LMG is capable of high accuracy during sustained fire at short to medium ranges.
- Fixed an issue causing various elements of Gulag audio to not be present.
- Fixed an issue causing some Players to not receive their Operation: Last Call Tier Skip.
- Missing Tier Skips will start being granted shortly after the update.
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Caldera/Fortune’s Keep allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue with the UGM-8 (VG) causing the MK 3. Reflector Optic to be locked after the level requirement has been reached.
- Fixed an issue with the UGM-8 (VG) Bipod attachment causing bullet impact effects and tracers to not display.
- Fixed an issue where certain Grav (BOCW) blueprint statistics were not matching the base Weapon.
- Fixed an issue where using the Whitley (VG) with Slight of hand caused an unintended delay in the ammo being credited to the Weapon.
- Fixed an issue with the EX1 (VG) causing the Zombies Camos tab to not appear.
- Fixed an issue with the Push Dagger (VG) causing the Zombies Camos tab to not appear.
- Fixed an issue causing Camo Challenges on some Weapons to not track.