God of War has been updated to version 1.0.6 today by Sony Santa Monica Studio. You can find out the complete patch notes from here.
This patch has addressed some issues with the FSR mode that would lead to a blurry image. Other changes include proper joystick sensitivity for the Xbox controllers and more. Take a look at the patch notes below to learn more about the changes.
God of War Update 1.0.6 Patch Notes
- Enabling FSR will now no longer result in blurry/blocky image quality
- Xbox controllers will now have proper joystick sensitivity
- Mouse Precision Mode will no longer cause movement animations to break
- Added translations for Precision Mode that were not included in patch v1.0.5
- Mouse Precision Mode now supports Aim Assist
In v1.0.5 we added an error message that reported if the game was having issues saving or loading save game files. This message interrupted gameplay and was determined to be ultimately unhelpful for players. We’re still investigating reported issues surrounding save game files, but for now we have disabled this error message.
EDIT – 11:15am PST Feb 8th, 2022
We have seen reports of an issue with controller drift after this update.
We have added this to our Known issues while we investigate the cause.
As a temporary fix, please disable Steam Input:
- Open Steam
- Navigate to your game in the library view
- Right-Click God of War
- Select Properties
- Select Controller on the left sidebar
- Under the drop down for “Override for God of War” select “Disable Steam Input”.
We acknowledge that this is not ideal for some controllers and are looking to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
EDIT – 12:15pm PST Feb 8th, 2022
Our team has identified the cause of the controller drift issue and is working on a solution. We do not have a timeline, but we’ll update these patch notes once we do.