Genshin Impact has been updated to version 2.20 today by miHoYo. The full patch notes for this update can be seen from here.
This update brings in new content in the form of Inazuma Island. This adds several new quests to the game and there are plenty of new rewards to unlock as well. A new character has also been added with the 4-Star Thoma. Additionally, if you are playing the game on a PC you can enjoy the support of the DualSense controller as well.
You can find out the complete patch notes for this update from here, or take a look at them on the official website.
Genshin Impact Update 2.20 Patch Notes
I. New Inazuma Island — Tsurumi Island
An island that has been locked off by perpetual fog, where few people dare enter.
◇ After the Version 2.2 update, Tsurumi Island in the Inazuma region will be available.
◇ Unlock Criteria: Complete the World Quest “Seirai Stormchasers”
II. New Character
4-Star Character “Protector From Afar” Thoma (Pyro)
◇ Vision: Pyro
◇ Weapon: Polearm
◇ The Kamisato Clan’s housekeeper. A well-known “fixer” in Inazuma.
III. New Domain
◇ A mansion that was set up somewhere outside the Sea of Fog. No one knows who built this place, but it seems clear that it is now nothing but a den of ravenous wolves.
◇ Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 40 or above and fulfill certain criteria.
◆ Challenge the Domain to obtain rewards such as Primogems and Electro Sigils.
Located at Tsurumi Island.
IV. New Equipment
Polar Star (5-Star Bow)
Akuoumaru (4-Star Claymore)
Wavebreaker’s Fin (4-Star Polearm)
Mouun’s Moon (4-Star Bow)
V. New Event
“Labyrinth Warriors” Event: Take part to invite “Blazing Riff” Xinyan (Pyro)!
During the event, you can obtain Aged Tokens upon completing the Mystic Onmyou Chamber. Aged Tokens can be exchanged in the event shop for Primogems, Crown of Insight, Character Level-Up Materials, Talent Level-Up Materials, Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ore, and Mora. If you meet all the requirements for Blazing Unison, you can exchange a number of Aged Tokens to invite “Blazing Riff” Xinyan (Pyro).
Adventure Rank 30 or above
And complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
VI. New Quests
1. New Hangout Events
Hangout Events: Series III
Hangout Event: Thoma – Act I “A Housekeeper’s Daily Chores”
Hangout Event: Sayu – Act I “Yoohoo Art: Seichou no Jutsu”
2. New World Quests
◆ New World Quests: “A Particularly Particular Author,” “Octave of the Maushiro,” “The Sea of Fog and the Rite of the Trees,” “The Sun-Wheel and Mt. Kanna,” “The Saga of Mr. Forgetful,” “Clean House,” and more.
VII. New Enemies
Rifthound Whelp and Rifthound
◇ Beasts with monstrous blood that are capable of eroding the boundaries of the world.
VIII. Other Additions
1. New Recipes: “Warmth,” Radish and Fish Stew, Wakatakeni, Berry Mizu Manjuu, and Soba Noodles
2. New Achievement categories such as “Through the Mists,” and additions to the “Wonders of the World” and “Memories of the Heart” categories
3. New Namecards: “Travel Notes: Heavenly General,” “Thoma: Blazing Guard, “Inazuma: Eagleplume”
4. New Realm Layout “Silken Courtyard”
○ Unlock Criteria:
• Sacred Sakura’s Favor Level 40 or above
• Obtain Silken Print
5. New Furnishing Categories: Floating Platform and Paving, and new Furnishings
6. Spiral Abyss:
Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
• Pyro DMG dealt by party members increased by 60%.
• Hydro DMG dealt by party members increased by 60%.
Updated the monster lineup on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.2, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows：
After the challenge begins, when a character’s Elemental Energy is greater than or equal to 50%, they will gain a 6.5% ATK Bonus every second. Max 10 stacks. When a character’s Elemental Energy is less than 30%, the ATK Bonus gained this way will be cleared.
After the challenge begins, when a character’s Elemental Energy is 100%, they will gain 1 stack of Auspice every second. Max 10 stacks. When this character unleashes their Elemental Burst, all Auspice stacks will be cleared, and the DMG dealt by this character will be increased by 5% for each stack cleared for the next 10s. While the character is enjoying the DMG Bonus gained via this method, they cannot gain any more stacks.
After the challenge begins, when the active character’s Elemental Energy is greater than or equal to 50%, they will continuously release shockwaves that deal DMG to opponents. When their Elemental Energy reaches 100%, these shockwaves will deal even greater DMG.
IX. Adjustments & Optimizations
1. After Travelers abandon the challenge in the “Full Speed Ahead” commission quest, the remaining enemies will no longer drop Elemental Particles.
2. Optimizes the experience of the “Rules of Safe Transportation” and “Safe Conduct” commission quests in the Inazuma area, and increased the HP and Movement SPD of the hot air balloon.
3. Optimizes the trial character’s Artifacts and Talent levels in some Story Quests, so that they change dynamically with the World Level.
1. Increases Inventory limit for Artifacts from 1,000 to 1,500.
2. Adjusts the display order after performing a 10-wish pull. After adjustment, the pull results will be displayed with the following priority (from left to right): 5-star character > 5-star weapon > 4-star character > 4-star or 3-star weapon > items not converted to Starglitter > items converted to Starglitter > Sequence acquired.
(Originally: 5-star character > 4-star character > 5-star weapon > 4-star or 3-star weapon > items not converted to Starglitter > items converted to Starglitter > Sequence acquired.)
3. Adds a new feature to skip the display scene when performing a 10-wish pull.
4. Adds feature for learning Furnishing Blueprints in the Forge menu, Crafting Bench, and the Furnishing Creation interface in Serenitea Pot.
5. Optimizes location selection logic in the Expedition page when using a Controller.
6. The conditions for purchasing the Starter Supply Bundle and Wayfarer’s Supply Bundle permanent bundles are adjusted to Adventure Rank 25 or above (originally Adventure Rank 1).
7. Optimizes the performance of the Hangout Event interface.
• Adds ending status display in the Hangout Event interface.
• Adds new hints in the Hangout Event Storyline Summary screen: during the process, you can start playing from any of the completed plot nodes.
• Options you have selected before will be recorded when the Hangout Event is played on the same device.
8. Optimizes the Time Adjustment experience in Paimon Menu: you can now change time over the span of days.
9. Adds some prompts for loading screens.
1. Optimizes the descriptions of Sucrose’s Lv. 4 Constellation “Alchemania” and of Noelle’s Passive Talent “Nice and Clean” (only the descriptions were revised, the actual effects of the skill work as intended in-game).
○ Original description of Sucrose’s “Alchemania”: “Every 7 Normal and Charged Attacks, Sucrose will reduce the CD of Astable Anemohypostasis Creation – 6308 by 1-7s.”
○ Revised description: “Sucrose will reduce the CD of Astable Anemohypostasis Creation – 6308 by 1-7s for every 7 Normal or Charged Attack hits she scores against opponents. One hit may be counted every 0.1s.”
○ Original description of Noelle’s “Nice and Clean”: “Breastplate’s CD is reduced by 1s per 4 Normal Attack or Charged Attack hits. Hitting multiple enemies with one attack is only counted as one hit.”
○ Revised description: “Noelle will decrease the CD of Breastplate by 1s for every 4 Normal or Charged Attack hits she scores on opponents.\nOne hit may be counted every 0.1s.”
1. Optimizes the music switching range in some areas.
2. Optimizes the voice-over for some characters and quests.
3. Reduces the time delay between characters opening the Treasure Chest and triggering of the relevant voice-over line.
4. Adjusts the voice-over of Sayu when she deploys her wind glider.
1. In the Shop > Stardust Exchange section, there is now no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 100.
2. At the Souvenir Shops in Mondstadt and Liyue, there is no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 300.
3. Updates the usable materials for the Parametric Transformer: including new harvestable materials in Inazuma and certain materials dropped by enemies, etc.
4. Reduces visual obstruction from special effects when bow characters enter Aiming Mode (such as shield effects and the effects of the Raiden Shogun’s Chakra Desiderata).
5. Reduces the brightness of the Raiden Shogun’s Chakra Desiderata in various lighting conditions.
6. New items at NPC Marjorie’s store in Mondstadt: Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon, Windsong Lyre, and Wind-Blessed Harpastum are currently available for purchase.
7. Optimizes the rules for the appearance of “warm” ground in the Domain “Peak of Vindagnyr” in order to avoid the long absence of “warm” ground.
8. Reduced the camera shake caused by storms and lightning in the open world, and optimizes the gaming experience when thunderstorms are in high frequency.
9. Adds PC platform support for DualSense™ Wireless Controller for PS5™.