Genshin Impact 1.2 update was released today for PS4 and PC in addition to Smartphones. The patch notes mentioning bug fixes are here.
MiHoyo has shared a huge list of changes including new quests and content that are a part of this update. You can get an overview of the new content with the trailer while the general bug fixes are listed below.
Genshin Impact 1.2 Update Patch Notes
1. Fixes an issue with the domain “Confront Stormterror” whereby Stormterror cannot be subjected to elemental reactions.
2. Fixes an issue with the Domain “Confront Stormterror” whereby Dvalin’s neck may not display properly when his weak spot is exposed.
3. Fixes errors in the Spiral Abyss description regarding the Blessing of the Abyssal Moon refresh time. The revised description reads: “With the start of a new Lunar Phase on the first and sixteenth day of each month, the Abyssal Moon Spire’s rewards will reset, which may also cause a new period of Blessing of the Abyssal Moon to begin.” No change has been made to the function itself.
4. Fixes an issue whereby the Childe boss may be unable to move due to Geo constructs.
1. Fixes an issue with the World Quest “Necessary Procedures” whereby if the time changes at the point of submitting quest items, quest progress may not advance as expected.
2. Fixes an issue with the World Quest “Words Worth Their Weight in Mora” whereby the required quest item may be missing from the Inventory.
3. Fixes an issue with the commission “For Old Time’s Sake” whereby defeating the target monster from a certain distance causes issues with quest progress.
1. Fixes an issue whereby if the game disconnects and reconnects while awakening a Ruin Hunter, it may become invulnerable.
1. Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby the achievement “…Not indicative of final product” may not be able to be completed.
2. Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby if removed from the team while on the Wish Details screen, you will be unable to do anything after returning to your own world.
1. Adjusts the size of the portrait of Diona displayed when this character is obtained in the Wish system.
2. Fixes an issue whereby when your character falls into an abyss or drowns and your party is revived, Barbara’s Lv. 6 Constellation “Dedicating Everything to You” incorrectly enters cooldown.
3. Fixes an issue affecting Zhongli and Xiangling whereby their Plunging Attacks had missing voice-over.
4. Fixes an issue whereby after activating Amber’s Lv. 4 Constellation “It’s Not Just Any Doll…,” it is not possible to detonate two Baron Bunnies simultaneously by means of the two arrows shot due to Amber’s Lv. 1 Constellation “One Arrow to Rule Them All.”
5. Fixes an issue whereby when Amber’s Passive Talent “Precise Shot” is triggered again during the effect’s duration, the effect duration will not refresh.
6. Fixes an issue with Kaeya’s Elemental Burst “Glacial Waltz” whereby the icicles summoned are unable to trigger Elemental Reactions with bodies of water and grass terrain.
7. Fixes an issue with Diona whereby if she is attacked by an enemy after her Passive Talent “Drunkards’ Farce” has been triggered, reconnecting to the server will cause errors with the duration of this Passive Talent’s effect.
8. Fixes an issue with the shield generated by Diona’s Elemental Skill “Icy Paws” whereby when terminating the game client process while the shield is active, the effect duration of the Passive Talent “Cat’s Tail Secret Menu” may not be as expected.
9. Fixes an issue with Diona whereby when using “Icy Paws” to create a shield for herself, if the connection cuts out, the shield will disappear after the game reconnects to the server.
10. Fixes an issue with Lisa whereby Low Plunge Attack DMG is not as expected.
11. Fixes an issue with Klee whereby if a Charged Attack is used at the same time as the Passive Talent “Pounding Surprise” is triggered, Explosive Sparks will unexpectedly disappear and the Talent’s effect will not function properly.
12. Fixes the description of Noelle’s Elemental Burst “Sweeping Time.” The revised description adds the detail that the Geo DMG dealt “cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion,” which was missing in previous versions. No change has been made to the function itself.
13. Fixes an issue affecting Beidou whereby after activating the Lv.2 Constellation “Upon the Turbulent Sea, the Thunder Arises,” when casting the Elemental Burst “Stormbreaker,” lightning will target enemy weapons and animals.
14. Fixes an issue with Beidou whereby after casting her Elemental Burst “Stormbreaker,” the lightning discharge does not affect the boss Stormterror.
15. Fixes an issue with the shield generated by Beidou’s Lv. 1 Constellation “Sea Beast’s Scourge” whereby the character does not receive the expected interruption resistance effect while the shield is active.
16. Fixes an issue with Mona whereby using her Talent “Illusory Torrent” in the Spiral Abyss incorrectly triggers the Blessing of the Abyssal Moon that is triggered by sprinting.
17. Fixes an issue with Mona whereby she is unable to pass through some enemies when using the Combat Talent “Illusory Torrent.”
18. Fixes an issue with Ningguang whereby when her Passive Talent “Backup Plan” is triggered, Charged Attacks do not consume Stamina after terminating the game client and logging back in to the game.
19. Fixes an issue with Ningguang whereby after casting her Elemental Burst “Starshatter,” Charged Attacks do not consume Stamina for a short period.
20. Fixes an issue whereby when characters are frozen while moving quickly, the movement distance will not be as expected.
21. Fixes an issue whereby when characters pick up Shards dropped by Geovishap Hatchlings, the resulting shield does not produce the expected interruption resistance effect.
22. Fixes an issue affecting Fischl whereby if Fischl completes a chamber in the Spiral Abyss while in the form of Oz, Fischl’s character model will appear incorrectly in the next chamber.
23. Fixes an issue with Noelle whereby if the Internet connection is weak, switching character after casting her Elemental Skill incorrectly triggers Noelle’s Level 4 Constellation “To Be Cleaned.”
1. Fixes an issue whereby when a character is equipped with the Eye of Perception, the weapon effect “Echo” will target animals when it is triggered.
1. Fixes an issue whereby when the Internet connection is weak, weapon effects, artifact set bonuses, and character Talent effects that should be triggered by defeating enemies fail to trigger.
2. Fixes an issue with some iPad models whereby after updating to iOS 14.0.1 with the game previously installed, a white screen may appear for a long period when starting the game.
3. Fixes an issue whereby some special effects do not correctly follow the entity they are attached to when disappearing.
4. Fixes an issue whereby element icons may display incorrectly when Elemental Reactions are triggered.
5. Fixes an issue whereby when multiple objectives exist for a single quest, the map does not display the navigation effects when tracking this quest.
6. Fixes an issue whereby when weapon crafting prototypes appear as loot, the item model incorrectly displays as a 3-star item.
7. Fixes issues with the environment model near the Cryo Regisvine, whereby the area cannot be accessed via one of the entrances above the regisvine.
8. Fixes incorrect item descriptions for the ingredients Cream and Butter.
9. Fixes an issue whereby “Noodles with Mountain Delicacies” is missing from the Materials section of the Archive.
10. Fixes an issue whereby Geo constructs may move NPCs from their positions.
11. Fixes an issue on mobile devices whereby when Graphics > Graphics Quality is set to Lowest, the Golden House environment displays incorrectly.
12. Fixes the issue of Smoldering Flames’ Pyro DoT interrupting character actions.
13. Fixes the description of the Elemental Resonance effect “Protective Canopy.” The revised description adds the wording: “Physical RES +15%.” No change has been made to the function itself.
14. Fixes an issue whereby some characters’ attacks will target Elemental Nodes.
15. Fixes textual errors and display issues in some languages and optimizes the localization of text. “Note: Related in-game functions have not changed.” (Travelers can view the changes in different languages by going to the Paimon Menu > Settings > Language and changing the Game Language.)
Text-related fixes and optimizations in English include:
◆ Unifies all instances of the event name “Baptism of Song” in the game.
◆ Unifies descriptions relating to Lisa’s Elemental Skill “Violet Arc.” The effect referred to in places as “Shocked status” is now consistently referred to as “Conductive status.”
◆ Corrects the description for one of the “Elemental Reaction” loading screen tips. The original description read: “Even the seemingly-inert Geo has its elemental reaction. When it comes into contact with Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, or Electro, Crystallize occurs, producing DMG-dealing elemental shards.” The revised description reads: “Even the seemingly inert Geo has its elemental reaction. When it comes into contact with Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, or Electro, Crystallize occurs, producing DMG-absorbing elemental shards.”
◆ Corrects the Source description for the in-game item Anemo Sigil. The original description read “Mondstadt Expedition Reward.” The revised description reads “Mondstadt Exploration Reward.”
◆ Corrects the Source description for the in-game item Geo Sigil. The original description read “Liyue Expedition Reward.” The revised description reads “Liyue Exploration Reward.”
◆ Corrects the Source description for the Character EXP Materials “Wanderer’s Advice” and “Adventurer’s Experience.” The original descriptions read “Adventure and Expedition Reward.” The revised descriptions read “Adventure and Exploration Reward.”
◆ The name of Kaeya’s Passive Talent “Heart of the Abyss” is revised to “Glacial Heart.”
◆ For the weapon “Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers,” the name of the weapon affix “Legacy” is revised to “Heritage.”
◆ The name of Fischl’s Passive Talent “Lightning Smite” is revised to “Undone Be Thy Sinful Hex.”
◆ The name of the weapon “Blackcliff Amulet” is revised to “Blackcliff Agate”; the name of the weapon “Prototype Aminus” is revised to “Prototype Archaic”; the name of the weapon “Prototype Grudge” is revised to “Prototype Starglitter”; the name of the weapon “Prototype Malice” is revised to “Prototype Amber.”
Voice-over-related fixes and optimizations made in English include:
◆ Fixes an issue affecting several lines of Paimon’s dialogue in the Liyue Archon Quest “Custodian of Clouds” whereby the audio for multiple lines was spliced together.
◆ Adds missing voice-over for Paimon’s dialogue in Zhongli’s Story Quest.
◆ Adds missing voice-over for several lines of dialog in Jean’s Story Quest.
◆ Fixes issues with some of the Traveler’s voice-over lines on the character profile screen.
16. (Continuation from a related fix in 1.1) Adjusted the strength of the Overload DMG done by burning grass to targets affected by Electro. The DMG from this Elemental Reaction will be adjusted to 2 World Levels below the Traveler’s current World Level. The lowest possible strength is World Level 0, and the highest possible strength is World Level 4.
With this, the adjustment to environmental Elemental Reaction DMG as laid out in the “World Level of Environmental Elemental Reaction Damage” notice on November 12 will be complete.