DOOM Eternal has been updated to version 1.14 today bringing in support for The Ancient Gods Part 2 and various bug fixes as mentioned in the patch notes.
The main feature of this update is the addition of DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two. The store listing for the DLC is up and it is now available to download if you own the Year One pass for the game. If you don’t have it, you will have to pay $19.99 to get the DLC individually.
DOOM Eternal Update 1.14 Patch Notes
General Updates – for ALL platforms
- New “Racecar” HUD Options
A new, optional feature known as the Reticle Ability Indicator allows you to position icons for certain important mechanics near your reticle so you are able to track when they are ready to use and improve your effectiveness.
- New Weapon Wheel Open Delay (in milliseconds)
Adjust switch weapon versus Weapon Wheel timing based on the button press/hold
New BATTLEMODE Updates for ALL platforms
- Hitting a demon player with a Blood Punch guarantees BFG ammo to drop for the Slayer player
- Glory killing AI will no longer have a chance to drop BFG ammo
- Added NEW Slayer Upgrade – UAC Firepower
- Increases plasma gun damage by 25% and reduces Ballista damage by 50%
- Removed Slayer’s Speed Demon round upgrade – replaced with UAC Firepower upgrade
- Increased Slayer boost duration w/ the Endless Rage power upgrade from 3 to 5 sec
- Removed Master Carve ammo buff – the ammo from that upgrade has been added to the Slayer’s base kit
FISTS OF FURY
- Blood Punch charge is given on round start after acquiring Fists of Fury
- Cooldown reduction added to Bonus Boom upgrade
- Slayer melee damage to player demons is now only 1 damage
- Removed Loot Block cooldown reduction from Tactician upgrade for demon players (cooldown is now a consistent 40 sec)
- Loot Block duration increased from 3 to 3.5 sec
- BFG ammo is no longer affected by Loot Block
- Behavior has been changed to heal-over-time instead of instant heal
- 8 sec duration – No change in heal percentages – still 30% on PC and 20% on Console
- Noxious Hazard ability damage no longer stacks when two are placed on top of a Slayer player
- Demon respawn protection increased from 3 to 5 sec
BATTLEMODE Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue in which the Slayer could fire the Full Auto Mod and Sticky Bomb Mod at the same time
- Fixed a bug where vacuumed health drops that were not picked up turned invisible but remained active
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Archvile to place the Flame Wall on top of the Slayer
- Fixed a bug where the Extinction Level Slayer Milestone did not track when demon players were killed with the BFG
Campaign Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed a bug where reloading a checkpoint or exiting to the Main Menu shortly after unlocking Fast Travel for any level resulted in Fast Travel becoming unavailable.
Known Issues – ALL platforms
- ModBot – the Slayer animates for current equipped mod, not for what is acquired, then doesn’t switch to new mod. This issue will be fixed in an upcoming update. In the interim, manually equip the new mod as a workaround.
- VFX persist when killed while under the effects of Team Heal
- The Slayer can burn a Chainsaw pip when attempting to use the Chainsaw on a ledge-grabbing demon
- The Revenant’s lasers may persist in third person after firing a Rocket Barrage
Known Issues – PC Only
- Skyboxes appear grainy on the AMD Vega 56 GPU
- For best performance on the NVIDIA GTX 1650 GPU, use driver version 457.51 (you can download them from NVIDIA here)
- Players using an NVIDIA GTX 1050i may experience a black flickering effect when playing with V-Sync set to “Triple Buffering” or “On”. If encountered, use a different V-Sync setting as a workaround.
- The Archvile’s Flame Wall upgrade may not consistently produce fireballs when taking fire from the Slayer
Here are the details on this brand new DLC for DOOM Eternal which is available now on all platforms. You need to download and install update 1.14 in order to play it in the game.
The Ancient Gods – Part Two is the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s Saga and the second campaign expansion to the critically acclaimed DOOM Eternal. You denied the gods and awoke an ancient evil. Now rally the scattered Sentinel armies, lay siege to the last bastion of Hell, break through the fortress walls, and face the Dark Lord himself. The soul of the universe hangs in the balance. Your war against Hell ends here.
EXPERIENCE THE END OF THE SLAYER’S SAGA Experience the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s saga. From the moment you were activated by Samuel Hayden at the UAC facility on Mars to the destruction of the Icon of Sin, all your battles have led to this. Prepare to siege Immora, the last bastion of the dark realm, challenge the Dark Lord in combat, and seal the demons within Hell for good.
FIGHT ACROSS EPIC BATTLEFIELDS From the ruins of ancient Sentinel settlements and the cosmic wonders of the World Spear, to a devastated and overgrown city on Earth hiding a mysterious gateway, face Hell’s armies in never-before-seen locations as you fight your way to Immora, the last bastion of the Dark Lord protected by towering walls and powered by advanced technology.
FACE CHALLENGING ENEMY VARIANTS Face new, deadly variants of demons. The Armored Baron wears special armor and uses a charged fist attack. The Stone Imp possesses a nearly impenetrable hide and prefers close combat. The Screecher is a zombie that empowers nearby demons when killed. The Cursed Prowler is a mutation with venomous, cursed claws. Exploit their weaknesses to destroy them.
WIELD THE SENTINEL HAMMER Deliver more destruction with the Sentinel Hammer, an ancient weapon capable of stopping any demons caught within its shockwave. Use it to stun demons or combine it with the Ice Bomb or Flame Belch to extract much-needed health or armor.