Dead by Daylight has been updated to version 2.15 today on March 4 by Behavior Interactive. The full patch notes for this update mention several bug fixes.
Dead by Daylight developer Behavior Interactive is continuing to add new content to the game, however, the latest update on PS4 and PS5 is more of a hotfix. It fixes an issue with a bug that allowed the players to unlock achievements or gain or lose progress when playing Custom games. This should be resolved now after the patch.
Dead by Daylight Update 2.15 Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to unlock achievements and gain or lose progress in Custom games.
Here are the patch notes for the current player test build that is also bringing in a new killer and a whole new chapter to the game. It is only available on Steam for PC.
- Added a new Killer – The Trickster
- Added a new Survivor – Yun-Jin Lee
- Added a setting to change the privacy of the party
- Added the Chat Filter feature
- Added an error message when a user fails to add a friend because he has too many friends
- Adjusted his first person animations and camera position to be higher up
- Reworked the collision detection for his power. It should now be consistent with basic attack obstruction and no longer result in sliding off various surfaces.
- Increased his cloaked move speed
- Decreased his move speed while uncloaking
- Reduced the Windstorm addon move speed bonuses to compensate for the above speed changes
- Removed the uncloaking move speed penalties from the Windstorm addons
- Colorblind modes have been added and can be accessed VIA the Options menu.
- Decisive Strike – Now deactivates when performing certain actions that are not part of evading the Killer
- Increased the visibility and size of the negative status effect timer fill.
- Made adjustments to the player status timer bar to be more accurate and added back the glows to indicate when the timer bar is paused or requires attention.
- Improved performance.
- Updated the accept and cancel buttons on Friend and Group requests to have a greater visual difference.
- Visual Update for the main Lobby, Store and Tally
- Fixed a crash in the initial interaction screen.
- Fixed a crash in the Play as Killer lobby that could occur when repeatedly holding the Ready button to cancel the search.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Killers to drop on top of the chairs in Ormond’s chalet.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using Victor to pounce on a survivor as they exit the trial.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Victor to stay stuck inside the hills unique to the Red Forest maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused the infected VFX behind the survivor icon to not be fully completed when the Survivor is affected by Broken status effect.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to remain standing until they move when downed from a Deep Wound status.
- Fixed an issue that caused Killers and Survivors to be seen floating in certain spots on hills in Asylum maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor’s health bar to no longer flash when the timer is paused.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Trail of Punishment of the Damned sound effect to keep playing even if no trails were left behind.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivor to not stay on the ground after dying status animation has occurred
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to spawn inside a collision (therefore not being able to move) when loading into the Dead Dawg Saloon map
- Fixed an issue that could prevent repairing a generator from the light post side in Grim Pantry
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Survivor health bars from being visually accurate (bar would appear empty before Survivor dies).
- Fixed an issue that caused the item’s icon on the ground to overlap with the progress bar when equipped with some specific items (only if the In-Game HUD scale is 85% or lower).
- Fixed an issue where selecting an Archive cinematic would briefly play a few frames of the last previously viewed cinematic.
- Fixed a crash that may occur when holding both buttons to switch between Survivors in Spectator Mode.
- Fixed an issue with the UI prompts showing for a wrong platform when using a keyboard and a controller.
- Victor can get stuck in the Basement hook and cannot pounce on survivors
- The Nurse may become unable to do any actions after a Blink Grab
- Survivors do not generate Killer Instinct when interacting with the Demogorgon’s Portal
- Survivors will clip inside the environment or float during some interactions
- Survivors do not look back smoothly when crouching near a wall or asset
- Hex: Ruin does not automatically regress generators
- Projectiles go through pallets
- Oni’s sword ‘Yamaoka Blade’ appears to stretch erratically from a distance
- Ammo Items in lockers do not spawn unless the Trickster is present in a match. When playing as other Killers, the locker is empty.