Dead by Daylight has been updated to version 2.09 on PS4 and 04.004 on PS5. The complete patch notes list all the features and bug fixes.
The new update for the game begins a new chapter, A Binding of Kin. In addition to this, there are various fixes implemented in this update which are all detailed below.
Dead by Daylight Update 2.09 Patch Notes 04.004
Features & Content
New Chapter: A Binding of Kin
- Added A New Killer – The Twins
- Added a New Survivor – Élodie Rakoto
- The Nightmare on Elm Street DLC is now available through the in-game store on the Nintendo Switch, Windows Store, Stadia, Playstation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. The full DLC will start to appear on each platform’s respective store shortly.
- Rite of The Ghost Face Daily Ritual has been simplified: “Mark 4 Survivors”.
- All Daily Rituals that were worth less then 30k bloodpoints are now worth 30k bloodpoints.
- Sabotage Ritual now requires 4 Hooks to be sabotaged.
- Blight’s Adrenaline Vial addon now makes Rush Tokens regenerate faster than in the previous release.
- Blight’s Soul Chemical addon has a new function: During a rush, the moment you enter the 16 meter radius around a Survivor who is repairing or healing, trigger a tremendously difficult Skill Check for that Survivor. Can activate once per Survivor per Rush. Does not trigger for a Rush starting within 16 meters of the Survivor.
- Visual updates to maps in Ormond and Junkyard.
- Visual update to the Hatch and Totem.
- Visual update on the Twins Lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player Cloud ID to be missing from the ban message.
- Fixed an issue that caused daily rituals to be consumed even if the claim of bloodpoints for a completed daily ritual failed.
- Fixed an issue that caused unavailable Archives cosmetics to appear on the Feature Store section if all the cosmetics were already purchased.
- Fixed an issue that caused a short freeze when opening a chest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented survivors from being able to start unlocking a chest from its side.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be able to steal items from chests opened by other survivors.
- Fixed an issue that caused the animation of mending another survivor to be missing.
- Fixed an issue that caused the animation of waking up another survivor to be missing.
- Fixed an issue that caused firecrackers not to destroy Hag traps.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hag traps auras not to be visible while they are being burned by a flashlight.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be able to see through walls when using a flashlight and hugging the wall.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused killers to be stuck inside a generator after damaging it.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to sabotage hooks through walls.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to complete a sixth generator when failing a skill check while the fifth generator is completed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented killers from damaging a breakable wall after getting stunned while breaking the wall.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications bubble not to appear when completing a generator inside a building in Badham Preschool.
- Fixed an issue that caused Nurse blinks to be unreliable around the Blood Lodge.
- Fixed an issue that caused the corrupted Pool of Devotion sound effect to be heard in the beginning of a match against the Plague.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to pan left before panning right when entering the title screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hillbilly’s chainsaw to disappear during the pallet stun animation.
- Fixed an issue in windowed mode which made it sometimes possible to resize the window when rotating the camera while holding M1
- Fixed an issue which made exclusive cosmetics available to all
- Fixed an issue on various maps which showed extremely bright lighting in various colors
- Fixed an issue that may cause The Legion not to down survivors when hitting them while in Feral Frenzy when equipped with the Frank’s Mixtape add on
- Fixed an issue that caused the confetti of forth anniversary items to trigger in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that caused invisible collisions on the stairs leading to the Killer Basement on the Hawkins National Laboratory map
- Fixed an issue that caused The Spirit to see flashlight beams during Yamaoka’s Haunting
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors’ camera to clip through the generator pole when repairing a generator
Xbox One only:
- Fixed a crash on Xbox One when trying selecting ‘View profile’ of a XSX account
- Fixed an issue where the players would run at a slower speed when looking in certain directions