Studio Wildcard has updated Ark Survival Evolved to version 2.50 on PS4 today on March 2nd and implemented a number of bug fixes as seen in the patch notes.
According to the changelog, the developers have reversed the improved visuals and other enhancements because of issues with the game. They will be implemented again in a later update, but due to the complaints from users, they have downgraded the game for now until a fix is found for it.
Ark Survival Evolved Update 2.50 Details
PS4 Current Version: v559.2 – 03/01/2021
- Reverted visual enhancements as they were causing stability issues (game would crash) and some performance dips in some cases. We’ll be looking to re-implement these visual enhancements in the future once we’ve resolved the stability and performance problems.
PC Current Version: v323.18 – 02/26/2021
- Updated cryopod UI. (Known issue: imprint value isn’t correct & you may need to throw out existing dinos to get the updated spayed/neutered status).
Xbox One Current Version: v809.3 – 02/23/2021
- Can no longer ride unconscious Stego
- Fixed various map issues related to volumes and borders
- Ziplines will now check to see whether a character can actually fit into a space before allowing them to attach to the zipline
- Genesis Chronicles IV (Notes 16 – 20 have been added with the TEK Federation Gloves cosmetic)