Nintendo is partnering up with Gust and Koei Tecmo to work on a brand new mainline Fire Emblem game. We have the first screenshot and details.
This rumor comes from two different sources. The first source is Emily Rogers who talked briefly about this game confirming that it will be the next project in the franchise. They also mention how the game is complete and thus should be ready to release. Based on the rumors of a new Nintendo Direct, it could be announced soon.
- The next Fire Emblem is a whole new game, not a remake. A whole fresh narrative.
- Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo, and Gust collaborate (a division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
- Gust was a huge help with the aesthetics and graphics. The graphics are better than in “Three Houses.”
- Originally planned as a 30th-anniversary celebration game for FE. For almost a year, the game has been completed.
- The main character has unusual red and blue hair. He has a dragon for a mother.
- With the new “Emblems” gimmick, players may summon “FE characters from the past” for their squad.
The second source has shared screenshots from the game while revealing even more details. These screenshots do confirm the appearance of the main character appears to closely match the first leak from Emily Rogers.
The user who shared these screenshots backed the rumor stating that there is a remake of Fire Emblem 4 in development as well. They mentioned that some of the discarded aspects of the canceled Fire Emblem Wii game have been used in this new mainline game.
One thing that should be mentioned is that these screenshots are quite old according to the user, so the graphics don’t look that great. As for the summoning mechanic that is mentioned in the leak, the leaker stresses that it is not going to be a big deal and shouldn’t be taken as such. While they didn’t provide any further details, they did say that it is not going to be like the Fire Emblem Heroes mobile game.