Neowiz Games and Round8 Studio have rolled out the 1.02 update for their soulslike video game, Lies of P. The update brings a comprehensive set of changes aimed at improving game balance, system functionalities, and adding new features.
Among the balance changes, field monsters have seen a decrease in their HP, making them easier to defeat. Additionally, the chances of breaking some monsters’ stances and staggering them have been increased, along with an extended staggerable window time. The HP of all three types of Dimensional Butterflies has also been reduced. The update also brings adjustments to the rewards dropped by some monsters, including an increase in the drop rate of Moonstone items and Ergo items, while decreasing the drop rate of Star Fragments.
Boss monsters have not been left untouched. The update decreases the HP of several boss monsters, including ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus,’ ‘King of Puppets,’ and ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God.’ The damage output of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’ has also been reduced, and players will find it easier to break his stance.
In terms of system changes, the update introduces a feature allowing players to reset their character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the ‘Gold Coin Tree.’ Characters created after this patch will receive eight Gold Coin Fruits instead of five during their first harvest. The amount of gold coins required for character resets has also been adjusted.
Additional changes include improvements to the weight-carrying capacity for each point spent on Capacity and a decrease in the weight of Amulets purchasable with Boss Ergo. Players will also find it easier to land attacks when using fable arts that consume three or more slots. The Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now effectively break a monster’s stance.
The update also introduces support for DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controllers on Windows OS devices. A series of bug fixes and solutions for known issues, such as controller settings and game progression, have been included to smooth out the gameplay experience.
Lies of P Update 1.02 Patch Notes
Field Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
- Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
- Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade”
Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
- Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
- Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God'”
- Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the ‘Gold Coin Tree’
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
Now supports the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controllers on Windows OS devices
After today’s update, if the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ UI does not appear properly please follow the steps below.
- Steam Library -> Right Click Lies of P -> Properties -> Controller
- Disable Steam Input
** The DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controller’s touch pad can be used to open the menu
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II – Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly.
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets – Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)
Lies of P was released on September 19, 2023, and is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, MacOS, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. The game draws inspiration from the 1883 Italian novel “The Adventures of Pinocchio” by Carlo Collodi and has garnered attention for its unique take on the soulslike genre.