Haven Studio was founded by Jade Raymond after leaving Google Stadia. They are working on a brand new IP exclusively for the PS5.
Jade Raymond is an ex-Ubisoft developer who rose to fame with the Assassin’s Creed series. She joined Google Stadia to work on exclusive games for the streaming platform. Due to the failure of Google Stadia, interest in developing exclusive games for the platform faded, and the in-house studio was closed.
It appears that aside from Jade Raymond, there are several other former Google Stadia Games devs/executives who have joined the new independent studio.
- Former General Manager of Google’s Stadia Games Sebastien Puel started this month and is one of the co-founders.
- Corey May is the studio’s World/IP Director. Previously: Google Stadia Games’ Head of Creative Services & Publishing.
- Jonathan Dankoff is Haven Studios’ Insights Director. Previously: Staff UX Researcher.
- Erwann Le Rouzic and Francis Denoncourt joined the studio as Concept Artist.
- Pierre-Marc Bérubé joined as Software Engineer. Previously: Graphics Programmer at Google Stadia.
Jade Raymond founded Haven Studio after leaving Google Stadia Games. She announced that they are developed a new IP in partnership with Sony.
And so today I’m announcing Haven, an independent studio where many of the talented game developers I have worked with for years (and love dearly!) are coming together to do what we are most passionate about. It’s time for us to refocus on GAMES in a place where we can practice our crafts without any barriers or impediments. We want to create worlds where players can escape, have fun, express themselves, and find community. We want to pour our passion into a project. We want to make something wondrous for people to experience. Because we believe in the power of games to bring joy to people’s lives. And Sony does, too. Their commitment to excellence is unmatched. It’s why I couldn’t be happier for their backing and support.
The studio is currently hard at work on an unannounced IP.