A brand new rumor that should be taken with a massive grain of salt suggests that Cyberpunk 2077 is up for a major revamp later in 2022.
It is hard to believe this rumor, but our job is reporting on it so take it as what you will. If this indeed turns out to be true, and not a fanboy’s fantasy, then the game might end up getting saved after all.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will get the next major patch later this year.
- It will act as a soft relaunch of the game.
- This patch will upgrade the game to version 1.5 and bring in support for the next-gen (read current-generation) consoles.
- This patch will add “barbershops, a garage, improved AI, transmog system, a complete rebalancing of the loot system, new UI”.
- CD Projekt Red will do a live stream in February to share details on it along with announcing an anime and the first expansion.
- The first expansion will take place in Pacifica which is huge.
- The setting is a “combat zone” where two rival gangs are fighting over each other.
- They are “Bozos (violent clown psychopaths with a sick sense of humour) and a gang called Slaughterhouse (violent psychopath fascists)”.
- The free content that is a part of the update includes “4 new weapons, new game plus, appartment [sic] customization, new gigs”.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will also get its own Gwent like minigame.
- The anime is called Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners and will be developed by Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill)
- There might be another expansion that is in early planning stages but only release if the first one is a success.
Cyberpunk 2077 is currently available for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It is also playable on the Xbox Series S|X and PS5 through backward compatibility.