Mass Effect 2’s final battle can have huge repercussions on your future. The ‘Suicide Mission’ is your last chance to stop the collectors, and if you are not careful, your entire party could perish. And it’s best to save as many characters as possible because ME3 is directly linked to how your story plays out in Mass Effect 2.
In this guide, we will tell you how to keep everyone alive in your group. How to prepare for the last mission and what decisions to make after you get to the Collector Base.
Mass Effect 2 Suicide Mission – How To Get “No One Left Behind” Achievement/Trophy
The ‘Suicide Mission’ is the final fight, which takes place after the Omega-4 Relay is started. Before starting the Reaper IFF mission, you must complete all preparations. The Reaper IFF will start a countdown that will force you to act, so be sure you’re ready!
How To Save Everyone Before Reapers
- Complete all squadmate Loyalty Missions.
- Complete all critical Normandy ship upgrades.
- Kinetic Barries (Tali)
- Heavy Ship Armor (Jacob)
- Thanix Cannon (Garrus)
You will be hit with an ambush and your crew will be kidnapped if you start the Reaper IFF. More members of your team will die, the longer it takes you to reach the Omega-4 Relay. Once you have completed nearly all of your Loyalty Missions, you will be able to start this.
How To Save Everyone After Ambush
- The more tasks you accomplish after the ambush, the more of your crew will die. You will get one extra hour to finish all Loyalty Missions when you speak with Legion (after Kelly reveals it).
- You will have a short amount of time to react once the ambush strikes.
- 0 Missions: You will have to immediately start the Omega-4 Relay and all the members of your crew will survive.
- 1-4 Missions: Half of your crew members will survive
- 4+ Missions: Only the doctor will Survive.
Must Complete Loyalty Missions
You must complete the Loyalty Mission to keep your party alive. In the Suicide Mission, anyone who has not completed a Loyalty Mission will be the first to die. The majority of the Loyalty missions are simple, but most of them can be failed if you make the wrong choices. In few Loyalty Missions where a failure is an option, we will tell you how to avoid it below. The majority of Loyalty Missions grant your squadmate loyalty simply by finishing them.
- Tali Loyalty Mission:
You must keep Rael’s Evidence hidden.
- Samara Loyalty Mission:
Stop Morinth from escaping.
Make Sure Kolyat doesn’t get away.
You also to convince Zaeed, if you want to save workers.
What Are The Best Characters For Mass Effect 2 Suicide Mission?
You will be given a range of options throughout the Suicide Mission. It is possible to save everyone even if you haven’t completed all of the Loyalty Missions if you make the best possible choices – and you may need to make the best possible choices even if you have completed all of the Loyalty Missions. These are the decisions you must make in order to give your crew the best chance of surviving.
Make sure you choose a trustworthy squadmate. They will die/fail if they are not loyal, even though they are great for the job.
- Option # 1: Technical Specialist – Someone will need to enter the vents and disable the doors. Legion, Kasumi, and Tali are the best squadmates.
- Option # 2: Fire Team Leader – Collector forces will be drawn in be a second team. Jacob, Miranda, and Garrus are the best squadmates.
- Option # 3: Biotic Specialist – Once you have found the conversion pods, you will need to choose a Biotic to make a shield. Samara and Jack are the best squadmates.
- Option # 4: Fire Team Leader – You will need to choose another leader for a distraction squad. Jacob, Miranda, and Garrus are the best squadmates.
- Option # 5: Escort Mission – Send one squadmate back to Normandy with the remaining crew. Mordin is the best squadmate.
- Option # 6: Defence Squad – While the rest of your squad takes on the final boss, the rest of your squad will stay behind to defend. They must all have a Defense Rating of 2 or above to keep your entire Defense Squad alive.
Below we have made a list of all the characters along with their Defense Rating. A character’s Defense Rating will be reduced by one point if they have not completed their Loyalty Mission.
- Defense Rating 4: Grunt, Zaeed, Garrus
- Defense Rating 2: Samara, Jacob, Miranda, Legion, Thane.
- Defense Rating 1: Kasumi, Jack, Mordin, Tali.
That’s everything you need to know to save everyone in the Suicide Mission.