God of War is available now for PC and Sony Santa Monica has issued a list of all the known issues, bugs, and their fixes for the game.
Just like every other major game on PC, there might be some issues with the port of God of War to PC. Fortunately, Sony Santa Monica is keeping a keen eye out for them and working on fixes for any issue that has cropped up near the launch of the game.
All Known Issues and Fixes For God of War PC
The following information is taken from Sony Santa Monica Studios on Steam.
Not enough available memory
STATUS: [In Progress, need more info]
We have identified the issue with 12th gen Intel CPUs, but are still seeing reports from users with other CPUs.
If you have a different CPU and are experiencing this issue, please submit a ticket on our support page.[support.sms.playstation.com]
Last updated 1/14/22
In the meantime, please try these workarounds:
1. Ensure that your onboard graphics are disabled.
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
- Select “Manage 3D Settings” under “3D Settings” on the left sidebar
- Ensure that Global Settings is selected and navigate to “OpenGL rendering GPU”
- Click the dropdown to it’s right, and ensure that it is set to your GPU instead of “Autoselect”
2. Verify your current available memory in Task Manager
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and go to the performance tab.
- Select Memory in this Window.
3. Attempt to close other applications that are consuming available memory like web browsers, other games, chat clients.
4. Attempt to reboot your computer.
Button prompts are incorrect
For DUALSHOCK controllers:
This issue is due to the way Steam captures game inputs. Please use this workaround:
- Open up the Steam Library
- Select God of War
- Click the Cogwheel on the right and click properties.
- On the left menu, click Controller
- Change the OVERRIDE option to “Disable Steam Input”
For DUALSENSE controllers:
Native DualSense for PC is only supported with a USB connection. If you’d like to use DUALSENSE with the correct in-game glyphs, please connect your controller directly to your PC using a wire.
Last Updated: 1/14/21
Some users are reporting that they are experiencing issues with negative mouse acceleration.
STATUS: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Our team is aware of the feedback and currently investigating the issue.
Performance Drop with AMD GPUs
Last Updated: 1/15/21
Some players with AMD GPUs report performance drops in certain areas of the game.
STATUS: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Our team is aware of the reports and is currently investigating the issue.