In Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Yuffie Intermission DLC, Fort Condor is a new minigame. There are a total of 7 Fort Condor opponents. The Game, Set, Master trophy will be unlocked after you become the Fort Condor grandmaster. The Condor Queen trophy will be unlocked if you become the Fort Condor grandmaster on hard difficulty. You will also be able to purchase the Grandmaster board, which is the best in the game. In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock the Fort Condor minigame in Final Fantasy VII Remake and how to become the grandmaster of the Fort Condor.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Yuffie Intermission DLC: Fort Condor Guide
In Chapter 1 of the Yuffie Intermission DLC, this minigame is unlocked automatically. The story will lead you to a boy named Polk in the Avalanche’s Base. He will provide you the starter board of the Fort Condor and plays with you in a tutorial match. Three-level 1 players will be automatically marked on the map with a purple number “1” icon after this. There are 3 levels 1 player, 2 levels 2 players, 1 level 3 player, and 1 level 4 grandmaster.
Before the next level’s players are marked on the map, you must defeat all of the players on the previous level. They are all in the map’s “Residential Area” district, which is the area outside of Avalanche’s base where you met Polk.
Here are some strategies that you should know to beat the game and become the grandmaster of Fort Condor:
- The single most crucial thing to know is which units are strong and which units are weak against each other.
- Green units (Ranged) are vulnerable to Red units (Vanguard).
- Blue units (Defense) are vulnerable to Green units (Ranged).
- Blue Units (Defense) are effective against the Red units (Vanguard).
- Allow your opponent to summon first. Then use one of your units with an advantage to counter his. As a result, the initial unit of the opponent is easily defeated.
- Maintain this strategy throughout the game, keeping an eye on your opponent and constantly playing a card that counters theirs As a result, you will have an upper hand.
- Each player is given three bases (1 headquarters, 2 outposts). Automatically, the units progress towards the enemy base. You will move to the outposts and your units will automatically attack them if you break through the opponent’s unit. When the timer runs out, the goal is to demolish all three bases or have more bases than the opponent (3 minutes per match).
- You will be rewarded with money by defeating each opponent, which you can exchange for new unit cards and now boards with “Old Snapper” (Turtle Man). The minigame isn’t difficult, you just have to remember which classes are strong/weak versus others, and then counter with the appropriate classes.
- You can view what board and units your opponent will be utilizing before the match. Put some extra cards in your deck that counters Vanguard, Ranged, or Defense if their deck is highly one-sided towards these. For instance, if you have 4 Vanguard (Red) units in your deck, defeating an opponent with 4 Ranged (Green) units will be easier. However, you must remember that some units are unable to attack air units. Only include units that can attack both the ground and the air in your deck.
- The Barrack/ Facility units are the finest cards to get. You pay 5ATB to play this one unit, and it keeps creating units for free until the Barrack/ Facility is destroyed. Later on, these will be available. The starter cards will suffice for Levels 1-2. Put some higher-cost ATB cards in your deck for Level 3-4, then swap to the Assassin I Board, which offers faster ATB recharge.
- Technically, the Grandmaster board is the finest, but you won’t get it until you beat the Level 4 opponent. Until then, the Assassin I Board is a good choice because it contains a large number of units, a faster ATB recharge, stronger bases than the beginner deck, and simple Materia.
- Materia Spells can be used throughout matches. The available Materia is locked to the Board you are using and cannot be modified. Some of the spells are support spells, while others are offensive spells. Make excellent use of these in every fight, they can swing the battle in your favor.
- Different Difficult Settings:
The health and attack of opposing units are affected by the difficulty setting you choose.
- Easy: Enemies’ health and the attack has been reduced -> this is suggested for your first playthrough, especially for the grandmaster match. Set the difficulty to easy, if you are facing problems, and you will be able to beat everyone without any thought.
- Normal: The health and attacks of the enemies are the same as those of your units.
- Hard: For the Condor Queen Trophy, you must become the Grandmaster of Fort Condor on hard settings.
- Opponents Locations:
Here are the locations of all seven opponents. You can rematch them as many times as you like if you lose. They are all available from the start, and they can all be completed throughout Chapter 1.
Location # 1: Fort Condor Player # 1 (Level 1): Kyrie
Location # 2: Fort Condor Player # 2 (Level 1): Johnny
Location # 3: Fort Condor Player # 3 (Level 1): Shinra Middle Manager
Location # 4: Fort Condor Player # 4 (Level 2): Jessie
Location # 5: Fort Condor Player # 5 (Level 2): Roche
Location # 6: Fort Condor Player # 6 (Level 3): Wedge
Location # 7: Fort Condor Player # 7 (Level 4): Chadley – Grandmaster
Buy the Barracks/ Factory Cards and Assassin Board from Old Snapper (Turtle Man Vendor), who is directly in front of the Avalanche’s Base before you play against Chadley. He’s the sign-dancing guy who assigns you the task of discovering all Turtle Flyers. Switch to easy difficulty for this match if you are having problems. On easy difficulty, the enemy unit’s health and attack have been reduced, making this substantially easier, especially on your first playthrough.
You will become the Grandmaster after defeating Chadley, and the Game, Set, Master trophy will be unlocked. You also get an AP Up Materia and can buy the Grandmaster Board from Old Snapper. The hard difficulty will be unlocked after you beat the Yuffie DLC on any difficulty, either easy or normal. The Condor Queen trophy will be unlocked if you replay Chapter 1 again and become the Fort Condor Grandmaster in a hard setting.
That’s everything you need to know about the Fort Condor minigame of Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Yuffie Intermission DLC.