In Final Fantasy VII Remake, players will have to beat Weiss the boss in the game. In this guide, we will tell you Weiss’s attack patterns, weaknesses, and everything else you need to know to defeat Weiss in Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Weiss
You will have to complete the main story as well as both chapters of the Yuffie episode, INTERmission, in order to unlock the fight with Weiss in the Combat Simulator. After completing all of the things mentioned above, you can begin the fighter in Chapter 17 on Hard difficulty.
Weiss is a twisted and cruel Deepground SOLDIER recreated in a virtual space. Weiss is the ruler of Deepground. Weiss is a strong boss, with the HP 94320. His greater resistances are Physical, and damage. His immunities are Poison, Silence, Sleep, Slow, Stop, Berserk, Proportional Damage, Fixed Damage. You will earn 2 Gotterdammerung by defeating Weiss.
- How to Defeat Weiss:
Here are some strategies that you should follow to defeat Weiss:
- When Weiss is in his Dual Katanas Phase, Block his usual attacks before avoiding the unblockable ones. You can only hit him after dodging his unblockable attacks. When transitioning back to this phase, -ga level magic is effective and will erase the party.
- When Weiss in the Gun Phase, physical attacks are ineffective when not staggered. Avoid getting silenced by dodging Debilitation. -ga level magic is effective, so hit him hard with magic in this phase.
- When Weiss is in Double Sabre Phase, Magic is ineffective when it is not staggered. If his attacks hit you, Weiss will be healed. You can only strike back after dodging an attack, similar to the Dual Katanas phase, but the window is much smaller. You should use a physical attack against him. Here, Barret’s standard attacks are recommended.
Weiss will utilize Phase Shift over a while to change up his weapons, skills, and resistances. His Double Sabre phase is the most dangerous of all, as if his attack connect, they will heal him. To quickly stagger and take him down, try to escape every assault or strike back with Limit breaks.
Weiss will use his ultimate move, Immaculate End, after a period, which delivers 9999 damage to all party members and can cause an instant wipe. By using the Reprieve weapon skill or the Revival Earrings/Superstar Belt, it’s possible to survive this, however, you will have no other choice but to try again after taking 2-3 hits from this attack. Furthermore, Weiss’s attacks will heal him if they hit you while in his Double Sabre phase, so you will have to finish the fight as soon as possible.
Staggering to him during his Gun phase is one way to accomplish this. Equip weapons that have high physical and magical stats, and hit him with your most powerful spell.
- Weiss Attack Phase:
Here we have compiled all the Weiss’s Attack phases, and what should you do to dodge each one of them and defeat him:
Dual Katanas Phase:
During this Phase, Physical attacks are the most effective.
- During his Evisceration attack phase. You can put Weiss into the pressured condition and offer yourself an opening to attack if you dodge right as he reaches in for his swords and swings outwards. It’s best to dodge this attack by going backward. You will have to focus on controlling Cloud and using Focused Thrust to rapidly stagger Weiss while he’s under pressure during this phase. You can spend the majority of the fight baiting his attacks because if you try to hit first, he will just counter.
- During his Crosswise Cleave attack phase. Weiss will charge you from afar and finish with a left or right cleaving attack. You can put him in the pressured condition if you dodge right before the attack connects.
- During his stab attack phase, to pressure Weiss, you will have to dodge towards him before the attack hits. If you get hit by Evisceration, Crosswise Cleave, or Stab, Weiss will attack you again, dealing massive damage. If you are hit by one of them, make sure you have your healing magic ready to keep the fight going.
- During his Immaculate End attack phase, Weiss will switch from one of his other phases to Dual Katanas and begin his ultimate strike after a specified amount of time has passed. All members of your party will be dealt 9999 damage, therefore you will need the weapon skill Reprieve or the Revival Earrings/Superstar Belt items to stay alive. Unfortunately, Weiss will return to Immaculate End again. Depending on your septum you will only be able to survive this 1-2 times, so focus on eliminating him soon.
During this phase, Magic attacks are most effective.
- During his Azure Assault attack phase, Weiss will charge you and fire his gun twice at you. This will fill up your ATB gauge quite a bit if you have the Steadfast Block Materia equipped.
- During his Behemoth Beam attack phase, Weiss will fire a zigzagging laser beam across the area. You will have to guard if you are too close, but you can also outrun it for no harm.
- During his Rejuvenation attack phase, Weiss’ stagger gauge will drop over time as he rejuvenates. You should try to keep Weiss’s stagger gauge as high as possible by employing -ga level magic so that you can stagger him when he shifts to another phase. As this battle progresses, this skill becomes more and more linked to Weiss’ usage of Immaculate End. If MP is a concern, wait until the stagger gauge is empty before firing off your strongest magic.
- During his Mutilation attack phase, it’s very difficult to dodge if you are too close, but due to its low damage, you can utilize it as an opportunity to attack while a party member is bound.
- During his Debilitation attack phase, Weiss will fire off rounds that cause puddles on the ground. You will be hit with Silence and Slow if you touch either the shots or the puddle, preventing you from dealing damage to Weiss during the Gun phase. During this attack, it’s best to main a safe distance.
- During his Balistic Blackhole attack phase, a black hole will appear, following your party members and attempting to suck them in. As long as you are near it, you will take 200 damage every 0.5 seconds. Keep your distance once it’s summoned to prevent getting hurt.
- But don’t worry if it gets too close while you are fighting Weiss, there won’t be any severe consequences.
Double Sabre Phase:
During this phase, physical attacks are most effective.
- During his Decimation attack phase, Weiss will teleport to the player, swinging his blade and slamming it into them. If this hits him, it will heal him.
- During his Extermination attack phase, from afar, Weiss dashes towards you and slashes. If he succeeds, he will launch another attack. If you get hit, this will also heal him. Due to the difficulties of avoiding and finding gaps, this phase is particularly difficult. Using Cloud, Tifa, or Barret’s Limit Breaks to immediately stagger him is the best approach to deal with this.
- During his Crimson Whorl attack phase, Swirling flames will glow towards the arena’s edge after a spinning attack. This is also an opportunity to employ Cloud or Tifa to annihilate Weiss while he’s defenseless.
That’s everything you need to know to defeat Weiss in Final Fantasy VII Remake.