All the players of Cyberpunk 2077 should be aware that their save files may become permanently corrupt and unusable after getting above 8MB. There a PSA posted on Reddit alerting others to the issue, and Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red’s owned website GOG.com gave a response that is not very promising.
“Unfortunately the save is damaged and can’t be recovered,” The statement reads. “Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials. If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it. The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.”
According to GOG.com “The save file size limit might be increased in future patches”, but it is not good news for those players who like to collect everything and craft a ton of items.
Cyberpunk 2077 Save File Location On PC
We have mentioned below the ways shared by Reddit, that players can follow to check their current save files:
- PC – %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 4 – Settings > Application Saved Data Management > SAVED DATA IN SYSTEM STORAGE > Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5– Settings > STORAGE > [Storage device] >Saved Data > PS4 Games / PS5 Games > Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One – My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game > SAVED DATA
- Xbox Series X|S – My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game and add-ons > SAVED DATA
This issue may not impact everyone, but the players should keep their eyes on it. A Hotfix 1.05 was just released but this issue was not resolved in it. But this fix has addressed many bugs and glitches that will provide players a better and smoother experience.